Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's Gratituesday :)

And I'm thankful for...

The gorgeous colors of fall.


A bountiful harvest of corn this year!


And carrots, too.


I'm thankful for children who see beauty in the simple things...


...and who love their momma. :)


For my amazing husband who spoils me rotten.


Who showers me with gifts including this excellent birthday wine.


For the blessing of celebrating my birthday this past weekend with my church family. For the blessing of my adult children with whom I have the best of relationships. For my friends, near and far, who know me and love me anyway. :)

For our family's Reformation Day tradition of watching this:
Since your majesty and your lordships desire a simple reply, I will answer without horns or teeth. Unless I am convinced by Scripture and by plain reason (I do not believe in the authority of either popes or councils by themselves, for it is plain that they have often erred and contradicted each other) in those Scriptures that I have presented, for my conscience is captive to the Word of God, I cannot and I will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand; I can do no other. God help me. Amen.

~
Martin Luther (reply to the Diet of Worms)
However many blessings we expect from God, His infinite liberality will always exceed all our wishes and our thoughts. ~John Calvin

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. ~I Thessalonians 5:16-18

For what are you thankful today?
Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

6 comments:

  1. 1. I hope you enjoy(ed) the wine. :-D
    2. I LOVE the Luther movie. I was a Christian thought major in college (before I switched to nursing) and took a few church history classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there...I saw your post about reformation day and it comforted me to think we aren't the only ones who choose to celebrate Reformation Day instead of Halloween. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, LOVED the wine. :) AND, loved the movie.

    Jessica - I am blessed to belong to a church body that celebrates Reformation Day annually. So glad to hear WE aren't the only ones!! Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

    Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooooooo glad you were SO blessed on your day. [o= What is there not to love???

    I need to get that movie. I haven't seen it yet.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I missed being able to say "Happy Birthday" on your birthday - please accept my belated wishes for you - glad you had a great day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...