Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 Goals: Knit & Crochet

After sorting through my yarn stash and various unfinished projects, I've decided that my primary knitting / crocheting goal for 2012 is to finish what I've started. Why a person (myself included) is inclined to set a project aside to start another (and another and another), is a mystery to me. Yet, that is exactly what I do. Is it a rare form of A.D.D. for yarn addicts? A lack of follow through? Whatever it is, I've determined to overcome and conquer -- to (finally) finish what I've started.

These three skeins from my yarn stash, each purchased with a purpose, will be knit or crocheted into (from left to right) a pair of slippers, a scarf, and a pair of wrist warmers.





This pathetic-looking UFO was put onto stitch holders long ago. Why? Who knows. What I do know is that it's my attempt at making an adult pair of my Knitted Boots for Babes, and I intend to finish them!



This wrinkly item is a lacy shawl I started so long ago that I can't remember how long it's been. The poor thing was abandoned when I dropped several stitches and gave up trying to fix my mistake. Lord willing, and once I pick this one back up, I'll be able to repair the ruins and complete this beauty of a project.



Daniel's vest. I completed this last year for Easter, but he's grown (tons) since then. I intend to lengthen it so he can wear it again this year. Thankfully, I saved the yarn that was left over rather than tossing it.



Knitted Boots for two sweet babies born to church friends. All that's left is to make and weave a tie into each so they stay on tight. Planning to finish these later this week. :)



Projects I completed a few weeks ago...



Wool slippers for AnnaLynn and Daniel. :)



A cotton bonnet for yet another church friend's sweet babe.



And until this one is finished, the rest will have to wait. It's getting sooo close!



But! Before I sign off, I just have to share this...



Two shelves of worsted weight, one shelf of cotton, one shelf of fine to chunky, and one shelf of misc. On top is a bin full of hooks & needles and two others with various other UFOs.

Goal #2: I won't be buying any yarn this year. :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Sharing with Fiber Arts Monday

12 comments:

  1. I need to follow your lead! 1/2 finished projects haunt me. I do love your yarn shelves. And your gray yarn. It will make a beautiful scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamela! It's a good feeling to take those 1/2 finished projects off the back burner. Making my goals public on the blog provides a good incentive to follow through! Blessings, ~Lisa :)

      Delete
  2. Lisa~ how wonderful are your goals!

    I should do this on my blog, as well. Love your yarn stash-mine is similar!! So funny!

    Your projects are lovely and I know you will have such great satisfaction as you finish each one! Keep sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, I do hope you'll share as I'd love to see your yarn stash. :)

      Blessings! ~Lisa

      Delete
  3. You can do it YES you can! [o= I loved seeing all your projects on the go and can't wait till you start showing the ones you get done along the way. I should get a shelf and fill it up like you did and that way I will be inspired when I pass by it. I am such a visual kind of gal and to see the yarn makes me want to knit all the more.

    You will have to get your dd to take a pic of herself in her scarf. If she would do that for us followers. It would be fun to see it with the scenery of England behind her.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I was already planning to ask her to post a photo of herself that I could link to! I can't wait to finish it and see it on her. :) You'll have to share with us if you do fill a shelf with your yarn stash!
      Blessings, ~Lisa :)

      Delete
  4. I can so relate! I started a doily about 6 months, and I haven't finished it yet. I haven't started anything else, but still . . . there it sits.

    I enjoyed looking at your projects! You're very talented! Here's to accomplishing your knitting and crocheting goals in 2012! : )

    Sweet Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, Thanks so much for the sweet comment. I'm really hoping that by sharing here that I'll follow through with my goals. :)

      Blessings! Lisa :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you are able to finish your knitting and start using some of your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to spot knitting for boys and men. Your vest is a handsome one. But all your knitting is inspiring.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the sweet words as well as the encouragement, ladies! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...