Wednesday, January 25, 2012

On my needles...

It's been a while (a little over a month ago) since I shared what's on my needles. Remember this project? A lacy scarf for my daughter that I started knitting back in July?



I was finally able to pick it back up after all the busyness of the holidays and am happy to report that it's about 3/4 of the way done. I really would like to send this lovely scarf off to England, so I won't be working on any other projects until this one is finished. (Hang in there, Jess, I WILL finish it soon!)

On the nightstand (and being read while waiting at the dentist and during music and art lessons) is Ann Voskamp's one thousand gifts. I've only just begun reading it, so I don't have much to say other than her writing style is unique, poetic, and different than any author I've recently read. More later...

On another note, I've been busily sorting through my pattern notebook, my yarn stash, and my UFOs. Next week I'll be sharing with you my knitting and crochet goals for the year, so stay tuned. :)

What projects have you been working on?

Sharing at Ginny's Yarn Along :)



PS: I'm curious to know if any of you regular readers have read this book; please leave me a note in the comments. Thanks!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful scarf. I've been trying a bit of knitting but oh--it's so uneven! Still trying though.

    I've read a few chapters in Ann's book. So far I'm really enjoying it but I find I have to read it slow to internalize it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment. :) I find I'm having to read slowly, too.

      Delete
  2. It is turning out soooooo lovely! I know your dd will love wearing it when she gets it. I had started my sock yarn toque in July too. So it won't be long now before you are all done. I can't wait to see it finished and what you will be doing next.

    This book is on my wish list. I don't when I will get a copy. I tend to wait till it falls in my lap. Book fund is minimal right now. I hope you enjoy it and I am looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

    Blessing and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Mary. I would be happy to send you my copy when I'm finished with it! :) ~L

      Delete
  3. The color of the scarf is beautiful! I really like the dark red color.

    Haven't been doing much sewing lately. I haven't felt very inspired, but hopefully, sometime in the future, I'll get to working on my sewing curriculum again.

    As for the book, "One-Thousand Gifts," I did start reading that book several months ago, but was not able to finish it. I found the writing, like you, to be very poetic and unique, but for some reason, it just didn't hold my attention very long for me to complete the book in its entirety. Of course, I am notorious for not finishing books that I start, so I am probably not a very good resource on this matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mara, Thanks! Looking forward to seeing sewing you do next. About the book, I'm determined to finish it, so I'll let you know what I think when I'm done. And you're not the only one who doesn't finish books...

      Blessings, ~Lisa :)

      Delete
  4. The scarf is beautiful! What a lovely pattern and color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scarf is just beautiful. I really like the yarn you are using too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andria. I visited your knitting blog and am impressed with your lovely handwork. :) Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  6. Lisa,
    I have just nominated your blog for The Versatile Blog Award! Please visit me at oliveplantsallaroundmtable.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html for all the details. :)
    Many blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind of you to nominate my blog, Lisa. :) Thanks so much!

      ~Lisa

      Delete
  7. Lisa~
    that will be one lovely scarf when you are finished! She will love it!

    And I've heard nothing but good things about Ann Voskamp's book. Let us know what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got the book on my Kindle, & have already read the first two chapters.
      I fear this is one that I could devour quickly, yet I'd like to make it last.

      Blessings to you and yours!
      -Pam :)

      Delete
    2. Please let me know what you think as you read through it. ~L

      Delete
  8. Yes, I do remember the scarf! It gets lovelier by the inch. :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...