Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow...

...finally!

Having begun falling on Saturday evening, the snow has continued off and on providing us with a gorgeous black and white landscape. These pictures were taken on Monday after lunch.



The White Knight...



This is what homeschoolers deep into a study of the Middle Ages do when their mom suggests they build a snow man. :)



Conehead? Snow Conehead? Love it!





Me in the husband's boots and flannel. Outside just long enough to capture the day in photos.



Beautiful!



Funny how something as simple as snow can bring such joy and happiness.

For He says to the snow, Fall on the earth... ~Job 37:6

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers :)

8 comments:

  1. Happy snow days to you all! [o= I know how much you all have been waiting for that. Pray hubby can travel home safely. ((HUGS))

    It is a winter wonderland here too. I am thankful I don't have to drive it in. I love watching it from the inside. I do plan to post asap my snow pictures from today.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had to catch a ride with a neighbor, but he did make it home last night. :) Now to figure out how he's going to get to work today...it really dumped on us last night!

      Delete
  2. So, here's what's funny. I was going to whine because the forecast predicted snow for us this evening. I peeked outside to see if my whining was founded and imagine my delight to see a wee bit of a skiff! There's nothing coming down right now but I'm going to hang on to the hope that I will wake up to the winter wonderland that we've been longing for since Thanksgiving.

    I especially love clever mama's labeling of 'snow-cone head'!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you wake this morning to a perfectly snowy landscape, Debbie! Oh, and I knew at least one of my friends out there would get the "conehead" title. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so jealous! It was 60 degrees here yesterday, but today's rain is ushering in cooler temps....just nowhere near cool enough for snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful snow photos, and I like the white knight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the sweet comments, ladies! It's now Thursday a.m. and it's raining like crazy. Much of our snow is already melted. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy seeing your pictures. It is a magical time when it is all white and beautiful.

    Be blessed today lisa,

    m.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...