Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A timely word...

For the past few days I've been struggling with discouragement. Struggling with follow-thru and lamenting the list of goals I carefully and prayerfully made just over a week ago. Why do I find it so difficult to accomplish my goals? What is it that keeps me from doing what I really want to do?

On Sunday we read these timely words from Romans 7:
For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate...I have the desire to do what is right..
I was convicted. Doing the very thing I hate (which, for me, is failing to do what I want) makes me feel like a failure. And who wants to feel like that? But the Lord provided encouragement through more timely words...
What really makes the difference in ones life is merely wanting to do something vs. living by conviction. If you keep on stumbling in an area such as weight loss, housekeeping, or good Bible study habits stop and ask yourself the reason that you're making this change. Is it merely because you want to, or is it because you feel that this is a necessary step for you to take. ~Darlene Schecht

Now that's something to chew on.  :)

Today I'm thankful for the Lord's provision of timely words of wisdom and encouragement. I'm thankful for the goals I've made (and hope to be sharing here soon). I'm thankful that I'm not the only one who struggles or who stumbles. I'm thankful for conviction.

How about you? For what are you thankful? Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers. :)

4 comments:

  1. No you are not dear one! But isn't it awesome that Our Father loves us and guides us even when we stumble.

    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria. :) Awesome, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to this post, for I am currently going through a similar dilemma myself.

    I like that quote though. That does give me something to chew upon . . .

    We need to pray for each other . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I "stumble" in the area of housekeeping. My hose is clean, but cluttered. And I can't stand clutter! So this week, my children are helping me de-clutter..and donating all the extra stuff to Goodwill.
    Thanks for this post, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...