Monday, March 26, 2012

#37 - Angel Food Cake...from scratch! {Gratituesday}

Doesn't this look delicious?



Well, let me tell you, it was. :)

Seven months ago I shared my 50 before 50 list, and #37 on said list is "bake an angel food cake from scratch." This past weekend I was able to accomplish this goal thanks to my dear stepmom while she and my papa were here for a visit. 

The hardest part was s-l-o-w-l-y folding the flour/sugar combination into the whipped egg whites so that they didn't deflate. 

The best part was the joy of learning this skill -- of having it passed down to me and hearing about all the delicious goodies her mom used to bake for her (from scratch, of course) while we baked together. Thanks, M, for the lovely afternoon and weekend. Love you. :)

~~~~~~~~~~

 Aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you. ~I Thessalonians 4:11

However many blessings we expect from God, His infinite liberality will always exceed all our wishes and our thoughts.
~John Calvin

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
~I Thessalonians 5:16-18

What are you thankful for today? Join me for
Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers.

11 comments:

  1. Have never tried to make my own angel food cake, but I bet that would be fun! I'd love to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really does look good. I've never tried to make an angel food cake from scratch either. I always resort to a mix. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm. Yes it does look delicious. Angel food cake is something I've never tried to make. Today I am thankful for a husband who is calm and patient when I'm tired and frustrated. That, and a Hope that feeds me daily and gives me peace and joy unspeakable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...how delicious that looks :)
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm... looks delicious. What is topping that? That looks yummy, too. Some kind of creme?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone, for your sweet comments! Sue, the topping is called "pastry cream" which is a lot like a vanilla cream filling you'd use for a vanilla cream pie except freshly whipped cream is added in right before serving -- it's delicious!

    Blessings to all,

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is topping that? Did I really type that? LOL... Anyway, thank you for answering me. I'll google that in and give it a try. Looks like dessert tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What recipe do you use for Angel Food Cake? I've never made one before and have no idea which is best. But your photo looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me a couple days to respond to your request... You can find the recipe we used here. Now that I know how to bake an angel food cake from scratch, I'm planning to bake one using whole food ingredients. Will share when I do, Lord willing. :)

      Blessings, Lisa

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...