Sunday, March 11, 2012

Building happiness & true peace {J.C. Ryle}

Christ is always the same! It is this which makes the gospel so excellent and precious. We do not bid you depend on anything less than the tried corner-stone, the fountain whose water shall never fail - the city of refuge whose walls shall never be broken down - the sure Rock of Ages. Churches may decay and perish; riches may make themselves wings and fly away, but they who build their happiness on Christ crucified and union with Him by faith, that person is standing on a foundation which shall never be moved, and will know something of true peace.  ~ J.C. Ryle
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 
 ~Hebrews 13:8

I love this quote and am thankful for the reminder -- more often that I care to admit I find my "happiness" meter being dependent on my surroundings and what's going on from day to day rather than it reflecting my happiness in Christ and my dependence on Him. The result isn't always pretty, but then such is the stuff of sanctification. Have a blessed Lord's Day, my friends,

~Lisa

3 comments:

  1. It is always good to remember and keep it always!

    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thanks for the great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful reminder, Lisa. Thank you.
    Many blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...