Wednesday, March 28, 2012

On my needles... {finished projects and something new}

You have no idea how thrilled I am to be finished with not one, not two, but three of my UFO projects!

Jessica's scarf (which I first posted about back in July of last year) is finally off the needles, blocked, and on its way across the Atlantic to Oxford. She's promised to share a photo when it arrives, so stay tuned. :)



These felted crocheted slippers were a birthday gift for my dear daughter-in-law who is of Irish ancestry (don't you love the buttons?). These were made with the green Patons wool pictured here.



These were actually my first attempt at making the above slippers. Unfortunately, they felted a wee-bit too much (too small even for my AnnaLynn), so I crocheted and felted flowers and sewed on buttons that matched perfectly -- that's how I wound up making two pairs (just in case you're wondering). An adorable mistake I'm happy to have made.



Daniel's vest is finished. And in case you're wondering, it does fit. :)  I had a difficult time picking up the neckline -- just couldn't get it right, so I wound up doing it a slightly different way than I had previously and am happy with the results.



My new project, which was inspired by my friend Shara, is a poncho for AnnaLynn who loves bright colors! I was really and truly in need of a simple project, and this one fits the bill.

Still reading Square Foot Gardening (which I mentioned here -- haven't read chapter 10 yet but plan to do so this week). Other books I'm currently reading can be found here. I'm loving Karen Andreola's Lessons at Blackberry Inn.



Would love to hear what projects you're working on and/or what books you're reading.

Blessings,

~Lisa

12 comments:

  1. Y O U are a very talented lady!

    I love the scarf! The color, the pattern - the skill with which you created that - I am so jealous...

    the vest came out wonderful and I love the slippers -

    The poncho looks very cool and very pretty and bright.

    blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. :) The scarf stretched me beyond my skill level (which is why I think it took me so long to finish). Sending blessings your way, ~Lisa

      Delete
  2. Wow! Look at all those projects. I can't pick a favorite. The scarf is lovely, the slippers are just too cute, and the vest is fabulous. I'm like AnnaLynn and love color -- she picked some great ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shara, What I'm finding interesting after reading your comment is how I can't pick a favorite either. As I look at the photos of each project, I see how each uniquely suits the recipient. I love how the Lord makes us each with our own personalities! I'm flying along on the poncho and am sure it'll be finished by Easter morning. Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!

      ~Lisa

      Delete
  3. Wow! I'm very impressed with your work. I don't think I could make anything so professional looking!

    No current projects in the works for me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure you could, Mara. :) Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by!

      Blessings! ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. I just LOVE love love looking at all that fiber fun! You are doing sooooooo good at busting your stash and getting those UFO's done. ((patting you on the back!)) I am going to restart my Head Kerchief again tonight. Hopefully it will work this time. I really want to wear it before it gets too warm. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pats, Mary. :) I'm really having fun finishing my long-neglected projects and yarn stash and can't wait to get to my shawl -- it will be the last to get any attention and will likely be the most difficult since I have to figure out how to pick up a row of dropped stitches (which won't be easy since it's a lacy pattern). Hopefully, you'll be successful with that head-kerchief this time. Nice to have you back blogging, my friend! Take care of that toe!

      Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  5. I'm over here, clapping! Can you hear? For two reasons, one because they are all so beautifully knit and the other because you finished projects that were already started! Sometimes that's a hard thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hard thing to do, indeed! I just spread myself too thin sometimes or give up on a project. This year I knew I needed to finish up before I started anything new -- especially if it required the purchase of new yarn! Blessings, ~Lisa :)

      Delete
  6. Oh. My. Word. How beautiful, Lisa! You are one talented lady! :) You simply must move to my neck of the woods and become my very own personal knitting tutor. ;)
    Have a blessed week-end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. :) Honestly, it feels so good to be finishing up projects that have sat long neglected. Wouldn't it be fun to have a knitting afternoon?

      Wishing you and yours a blessed weekend, too!

      ~Lisa

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...