Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring...almost {Gratituesday}

In the midst of a cold, rainy, and even snowy early March, we had a few days of sunshine last week which were just enough to give us all a dose of spring fever. The kids thought I was a little crazy, but I threw open a few windows...even though there was still a chill in the air. I simply couldn't resist.



Taking a walk around our little homestead I discovered that despite the fickle weather, the signs of spring are everywhere:









As I type this morning, we have several inches of snow on the ground; yesterday was cold and windy -- we received almost 1.5 inches of rainfall. Rain is good, but our soil is really wet. Soggy, in fact. Our spring fever has succumbed to the reality that while the first day of spring may be only one week away, for us it is still winter. And when spring does arrive, we'll do a little gardening. Until then, we dream of warm sunny days and sit by our wood stove planning our garden and other homestead projects.

What are you thankful for today? Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers. :)

4 comments:

  1. March is very unpredictable :)
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 80 here today - but we've had snow later than this in the past, so I'm not holding our breath that the cold weather is gone for good yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your days do sound very similar to ours, though I had to sigh at the sight of the green poking it's way through your winter. I walked around with my camera last week and came up with nothing... Maybe I'll take a closer look today. One can hope!


    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those first signs of rebirth!

    lovely pictures

    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...