Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tea & faithfulness (Gratituesday}

Saturday morning AnnaLynn and I had the pleasure of hosting a table at out church's Winter Tea. A wonderful time was had by all as we enjoyed fellowship together over tea sandwiches, scones, fruit cups, brownies, and, of course, tea (our table's selection was Earl Grey and peppermint -- yum). Lunch was followed with the lifting up of our voices in songs of praise to our Lord, and then we were blessed to hear an encouraging  message on God's faithfulness (thanks, Brenda!).

Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations. ~Psalm 100

AnnaLynn seated at our table adorned with our eclectic collection of second hand tea pots & cups -- ready for our guests to join us!
I lifted the above photo off my friend Jessica's blog :)

Many thanks to this terrific group of young men who worked their tails off serving lunch, pouring water and tea (actually, they made the tea -- thanks, Benj!), busing tables, and helping with clean up!

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. ~I Thessalonians 5:16-18

What are you thankful for today? Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers. Also sharing at April's Gallery of Favorites. :)

14 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa...what a beautiful tea! Especially the cup and saucer you shared :) Teas are such a wonderful ministry.

    Blessings,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That particular tea cup is one we found at the Goodwill; it's stamped "U.S. Zone Made in Germany" on the bottom. I've been told it's from shortly after the end of WWII -- what a gem it is! Thanks for the sweet comment, ~Lisa :)

      Delete
  2. What a fun event! I would love to have a tea here...but, alas, I am wayyyyy to over-scheduled this month already. Thanks for letting me enjoy yours!

    Blessings,
    Lori (who is patiently waiting for the lavender to bloom...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, you are too sweet. :) Spring is slow to come on here in Dole Valley due to our elevation, but it will arrive sooner or later. I am planning to make several batches of soap over the next couple of weeks and would be happy to make some lavender for you! Will let you know when it's ready...

      Blessings, ~Lisa :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like so much fun, Lisa! I have tea parties with my children. Even my boys love them. :) We just had one 2 weeks ago.I hope to blog about it soon.
    Many blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a tea sipping boy, too. He's not too big on tea parties, but he does love to drink it!

      Delete
  4. How lovely!! Tea is my second favorite beverage {my first is water}. My favorite tea is Nambarie from Northern Ireland, when my grandmother was alive she would mail us 400+ bags of tea over. Tetley British Blend is what I buy in the States.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What a blessing that must have been to you to have your grandmother sending you tea all the way from Ireland. I wish I could water was my top favorite beverage...I'm working on it!

      Delete
  5. Ohh that looks and sounds like so much fun! It must have been a blessing, look at all those smiling faces. [o= I am hoping me and my family will get to worship at your congregation when we visit. We are starting to map out our plans. ((happy dance))

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying your plans all smoothly come together, Mary. :)

      Delete
  6. It looks like such fun! It makes me smile to see your smiling faces! I miss you my friend! J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely event! It looks like you all had a wonderful time, and that it was a real blessing. Thank you for sharing this lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like everyone had a lovely time enjoying the fellowship and food. Thanks for sharing this tea party with the Gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...