Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring has arrived :) {Gratituesday}

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
~I Thessalonians 5:16-18

~~~~~

I'm so thankful that spring has finally arrived!



Our daffodils are in full bloom, and while the local deer ate most of my tulips before they could bloom, they kindly left a few for us to enjoy -- what a surprise!  :)



Leaves are bursting forth from the branches of our tulip tree...



as well as from our cherry and other fruit trees. Our landscape is slowly becoming green again.



And what would spring be without kittens? Sox continues to be a good mama to her seven young ones -- they're two weeks old today!



Initially, the thought of having seven kittens to find homes for was a little overwhelming, thankfully three have been spoken for! Since the kids each want to keep one, we'll only have two kittens to find homes for. Honestly, I'm not looking forward to the day these kittens have to go to their new homes, because I know both AnnaLynn & Daniel will have a hard time letting them go. Thankfully, that day is many weeks away. 

However many blessings we expect from God, His infinite liberality will always exceed all our wishes and our thoughts. ~John Calvin

There is always so much to be thankful for, my list could go on and on. How about you? What are you thankful for today? Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers :)

Sharing with the Wise Woman Link-up

7 comments:

  1. Awwww . . . those little kittens look adorable. I wish I could have one, but my husband would say, "No," even if we lived close by because he's told me, "No more cats!" Ha, ha! :)

    Lovely garden photos as usual. I enjoy reading your gratituesday's. They are always so encouraging and uplifting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet encouragement! Wish I could send you a kitty. :)

      Delete
  2. I love tulips! I've never heard of a tulip tree, though - I'll have to look into that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a link about tulip trees! We had a fully mature one that bloomed at our old home, so I had to plant one here. We weren't sure how it would do, but it's really growing well. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh...they are just adorable...the kittens are a blessing - I pray they go to good homes :)

    Rejoicing with you in the beauty of His Creation!

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for always leaving such sweet comments, Maria!

      Blessings to you! ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. Spring had FULLY arrived at your blessed abode. I love how you captured it all in such pretty pictures too. You are truly blessed my friend. I pray you many blessings on your week end away.

    Blessing and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...