Thursday, April 12, 2012

{Yarn Along}

I'm just a little late in getting this week's Yarn Along post up, but I have a good excuse -- life.   :)

Trying to keep Daniel and AnnaLynn focused on lessons this week hasn't been easy. Spring always brings such wonderful distraction as the days grow longer and the landscape comes to life! And speaking of life, all attention here has been drawn toward our garage where seven newborn kittens lay with their mama -- who could resist?



Speaking of my kiddos, here's a photo snapped out at the edge of our front lawn on Easter.

I'm really, really pleased with how these projects turned out! Anna's poncho was crocheted using "Joy" by naturally caron.com. I'm thrilled with the way this yarn worked for this particular project as the drape is quite lovely (wish you could see it in person). Daniel's vest was knit using Lion Brand's Wool-Ease which I'm equally happy with.

If you're interested, the pattern for Anna's poncho can be found here; Daniel's vest pattern is here (both are free patterns). Slight modifications were made to each (the vest due to sizing, and a little picot edging was added to the poncho; I had planned to add tassels to the poncho but decided against it once it was finished). One of these days I'll make time to share these on Ravelry...

While not teaching lessons or digging in my garden, I have managed to keep my crochet hook busy...

Still working on the poncho for me from last week and hoping to finish it in time for Sunday (and still trying to decide which of my 2012 knitting projects to work on next).

Still reading One Thousand Gifts, Square Foot Gardening, and Territorial Seed's catalog.

Still pondering this quote:
I'm growing older. These children growing up. But time is not running out. This day is not a sieve, losing time. With each passing minute, each passing year, there's this deepening awareness that I am filling, gaining time.   ~Ann Voskamp
If you have a spare moment, take a look at this post from last year to see why.   :)

Would love to hear about your projects and what you're reading!

Join me over at Ginny's :)

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful smiling children, Lisa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa...they look so nice and the poncho is so pretty! It turned out quite well :)
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, thank you for the sweet words!

      Delete
  3. Wow,
    both projects came out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your projects Lisa! Especially Anna's poncho. Chloe would love that too. :-) Are you a revelry member yet or just planning on being one eventually?

    Chels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chels! I'm on Ravelry as DoleValleyGirl but I haven't shared any projects as of yet. My days are so full!! I promised my stepmom I'd get myself busy over there, so I'm hoping to become active there, soon. :)

      Thanks for the sweet comment! I'd forgotten that Chloe also likes bright colors. So glad someone does!

      Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful photograph, and you have done such a beautiful job of your knitting projects. I do wish I could knit properly. My skills are very rudimentary and I've never made anything other than a long scarf!

    I love the quote from Ann Voskamp - it's really a beautiful way of looking at things.

    The kittens sound wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April! If I ever make it over to England, we'll have to get together for tea and a knitting session. :)

      Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  6. I see why you linked last year's post. Daniel has certainly grown up more since last year, and I like Anna's glasses better this year {not that I didn't like last years}.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, they grow up sooooo fast! I have to tell you, I like Anna's current glasses a lot better myself -- she's an artsy type and just HAD to have that first pair. I have to share that I wasn't so upset when the first pair broke. :) So thankful for insurance!

      Blessings, ~Lisa :)

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean about being thankful for insurance. My daughter recently broke my pair, and I had to get a new pair and am blessed for the eye insurance we have.

      Delete
  7. the poncho looks fantastic - and I am still in awe of that vest

    Blessings
    karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. :) How's that new blanket coming along?

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...