Friday, May 25, 2012

Catnip...

       

For the record, this wasn't posed. All I heard was, "Lisa, come here quick, and bring the camera!"

Cute? Yes. :)

But...

I was looking forward to growing some catnip  --  I was even willing to share some with our feline friends.

But...

I never expected this!!

Lesson learned? Definitely.

Will have to figure out a way to successfully grow catnip without giving the cats access to it. Suggestions anyone?

~~~~~

Sharing with April's Gallery of Favorites :)

~~~~~

Thanks for dropping in! I hope your visit to Dole Valley has been both a blessing and encouragement; if so, won't you join me? Look to the upper right to follow or subscribe.  

~Lisa

Disclosure

11 comments:

  1. I tried growing catnip...put it on a hanging basket and waited. The cats on the neighborhood found out about it and jumped into the hanging basket and had a very pleasant experience :D

    Never again my friend...never again :)

    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice you wrote about catnip...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started growing catnip in my herb garden after our cat was about 1 year old. He still loves the stuff, but doesn't seem to have the "energy" to walk all the way down to herb garden to roll in it. :)
    Hope you and your family have a blessing-filled week-end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did purchase a new plant and plan to put grow it (hopefully!) in our new herb garden out back. Most of the kittens will be going to new homes in another week and a half, so we'll see how things go...

      Delete
  4. Oh these kittens are adorable! Two of them look just like our late cats (the one on the left and the one in the middle) did as kittens. I love this post - thank you so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Aren't they cute? It's going to be super hard to give them away...they're almost eight weeks old now (next Tuesday). And just when they're getting to be such fun!

      Delete
  5. Those are the cutest kittens ever! Awww. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could take one, Becca; they'll be going to their new homes over the next week or two. Anna's going to be sad...

      Delete
  6. The cuteness is overwhelming! We once left for the week-end with a bag of catnip in a ziploc bag on top of the fridge. When we got home everything from the top of the fridge was on the floor, the throw rug was in tangles, and the catnip was all gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my!! I'm trying to imagine how they got on top of your fridge...such a funny story. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...