Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Finis!! (until next fall that is...) {Gratituesday}


Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
~I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Some sat in the sun...


Others in the shade.


Pen to paper for four long hours -- 24 essays, four recitations, and a map of modern Europe. The culmination of this year's study of Christendom -- 44 lectures in all. Just what did we learn this year and how much of it do we remember? Dates and dead people or ideas? Ideas do have consequences, you know.

The best part of the day was hearing a brief speech from each of these young people. Listening as they shared what they'd learned, what was important to them, what struck a chord in their hearts and minds. Ideas! Beauty, goodness, and truth. They do get it. All the hard work, diligence in study, discussions, and projects have left an indelible impression. Their worldviews have been shaped and molded; we heard it in their words as well as their voices and give praise for it!



FINIS!!  Congratulations Gileskirk students!



And to my "Jr. Gileskirk" students who also wrapped up their study of The Middle Ages/Christendom last week:

Congratulations and well done!



Oh how I wish I'd had the education I'm able to give my children! All thanks and praise to the Lord for the opportunity to not only teach them at home, but to learn right along with them.




Your turn! What are you thankful for today, my friends?

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers :)
Also sharing at:
Far Above Rubies 
Wise Woman Link-up
Deep Roots at Home



Thanks for dropping in! I hope your visit to Dole Valley has been both a blessing and encouragement; if so, won't you join me? Look to the upper right to follow, subscribe via email, or via RSS feed. ~Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds intense! I studied some of those time periods in college - fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Intense, yes, but we keep it fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful children, Lisa. And I,like you, envy my children...wishing that I could have gotten the education my children are getting. But I am learning right along with them and loving every minute. :)
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet words, Lisa. :) Loving every minute of it, indeed!!

      Delete
  3. The last photo is my favorite. It's too cute! :) These children are very blessed to be receiving such a wonderful education.

    As for me, I am thankful that I am learning not to let my insomnia ruin my life, and that I have started exercising again! :) I could say more, but I don't want to make a book out of this comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mara, I'm glad I could provide a little distraction during your nighttime waking hours. Insomnia is a "thorn" that I know all too well; I've spent many a "wee-hour" visiting around blogland myself. :) Exercise is a good remedy, so I hope it will prove helpful! Thanks for visiting. :) ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. I so agree, I wish I could have had the education I'm able to give my boys. I know I would have like school much better if I had :)

    Thanks for posting over at the Back To School Monday Homeschool Link-Up this week!

    Blessings!
    Susan Godfrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thanks for hosting! ~Lisa

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...