Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A walk in the woods... {Gratituesday}



Mondays are not usually a day for taking the afternoon off, but waking up to sunshine and a forecasted temperature above 70F this morning was reason enough for for us to throw our schedule out the window and take a hike on our favorite trail.



The amazing thing is that we live only four miles away.



The trail rises toward the bridge that crosses the Lewis River.



Anna was hoping to cross the path of someone on horseback, but we pretty much had the trail to ourselves.



A hillside of spring wildflowers make for a lovely backdrop for a lovely girl. :)



"Mom! Look up!"  So thankful I didn't miss this...



The pleasure of enjoying such beauty with my youngest two makes my heart burst!



Tossing rocks from the bridge...just because it's a long way down.



Taking a photo so I don't forget how good I have it.



Praising God for the beauty of His creation, for an afternoon spent with my youngest two, for sweet, sweet memories, for giving me the desires of my heart.

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

~I Thessalonians 5:16-18

~~~~~~~~~~

Join me for Gratituesday @ Heavenly Homemakers :)

Also sharing with:

Far Above Rubies
Encourage One Another
Simple Living Wednesday
Wise Woman Link-up
Simple Lives Thursday
Gallery of Favorites


15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful area you live in, Lisa...and what beautiful children you have! You are blessed indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet words, Lisa. :) Sometimes taking a break from the normal routine is all it takes to regain perspective on how blessed we all are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple a glorious walking trail. The picture looking up with all the abundance of green is awesome. Your youngest children are beautiful. The bridge looks like a storybook bridge. How wonderful you live so close.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, welcome and thanks for the sweet words! It truly is a blessings living in the midst of such beautiful wilderness. :)

      Delete
  4. You and are on the same wave length again! I am about to post a post that was from hubby's and my walk in the forest on Sunday. I will for sure have to get it up today or tomorrow. So I can show you another peek of our homestead. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing the beauty of your forest, Mary!

      Delete
  5. The blessing of a quiet place. I am sure the sound of that small creek must have been ideal!

    Thank you for sharing such a beautiful area Lisa.

    Be a blessing today!

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, a quiet, peaceful place. One of the very reasons I longed to move out here to the foothills -- so very thankful we did.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a beautiful place to enjoy your blessings. I'm not much of a hiker, but I would go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheri, Thanks for visiting. :) The nice thing about this "hike" is that it's a fairly easy one. Blessings!

      Delete
  7. I love those days when you can throw the schedule out the window! What a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this post! What a beautiful place, and what a beautiful memory for you all! The days where the schedule gets thrown out the window are often the best :) Your photographs are just gorgeous - what a blessing to live so close to this amazing place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet words, April. :) Living here is a blessing, indeed! ~Lisa

      Delete
  9. This path through the woods looks so peaceful. It reminds me of a little foot-path we sometimes took in Oregon, though less grand. It will probably be the first and last time I ever see a Fawn Lily now that we are back east. Thank you for letting me be a tourist in your part of the country today.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, if you ever find yourself here in the Pacific NW, please be sure to let me know so I let you know where this hike is. Truly a peaceful and place to spend an afternoon, this walk is an easy one that takes about 2 - 2.5 hours if you do the entire thing. Thanks so much for visiting, ~Lisa

      PS: Fawn Lily? I didn't know... thanks. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...