Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Knitted Boots & A Matching Bonnet {on my needles}


With last week's cowl off the needles (no picture -- oops!), I worked up a pair of booties (which still need soles sown on) and began work on a matching bonnet which has been really fun to figure out since I'm making it up as I go. :)

Still reading all the same things as last week and the week before with the addition of the latest Mother Earth News which arrived in our mailbox just yesterday! Funny how the magazines one reads changes over time...

And just in case you're wondering, AnnaLynn's still crocheting granny squares and reading about horses. :)

How about you? What are you reading? What projects are you working on this week?

Happy creating!

~Lisa



I hope your visit to Dole Valley has been a blessing and encouragement--thanks for joining us on our journey! To follow or subscribe, look to the upper right. :)

11 comments:

  1. Not reading much as we are finishing up the school year and things get crazy....but I am learning how to make and can jam this week. Did it today! Super excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on learning to not only make jam, but also to can it! We're not yet to strawberry season here, so berry picking and jam making are still a little way off making finishing lessons so much easier! Blessings to you, Peris. :)

      ~Lisa

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I came across your blog today via pinterest and found your easy peasy ketchup recipe. So, totally unrelated to these adorable booties & mittens. But I wanted to send a little note & let you know I LOVE your blog. I am a new blogger. My goal in blogging is to have something I can print out, sort of like a journal, every Christmas. I love finding wonderful bloggers like you that provide so much inspiration for myself. I made your ketchup today, my family LOVES it & says they never want to eat bottled ketchup again (haha), well it's easy enough to make I suppose :) I LOVE your homemade pantry page!! What a fabulous idea!! I hope you don't mind if I do something similar, taking inspiration from you :) A great place to keep such staple recipes easy to find!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie, Thanks so much for your kind words! I'm so glad your family is enjoying the ketchup; I did check out that bbq sauce recipe you recommended and am looking forward to trying it myself. Thanks for the tip! Please feel free to create your own homemade pantry page (or whatever you might call it). Believe me, ideas abound in blogland -- inspiration can be found just about anywhere! Have fun blogging! ~Lisa :)

      Delete
  3. Pretty in pink! I've never designed anything, but I've been pondering adapting a shawl pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take the leap and design away! It really is fun even if you have to rip out and start over. :) Thanks for visiting! ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. I love pink the brighter the better for a little girl. I also love to knit for tiny ones because the project goes so quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small and quick is so nice, especially after finishing a difficult or large project!

      Delete
  5. Those booties are so adorable Lisa :) Like you, I am also reading Mother and it takes me awhile to go through the whole magazine.

    Peace be with you today my friend,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know about making it up as you go. I can't follow a pattern to save my life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...