Wednesday, May 16, 2012

On my needles...



Remember the great deal my friend got on some Knit Picks yarn? Over the weekend I decided my first project for this gorgeous chocolate yarn would be a New, New Shale Cowl -- I'm loving the easy four row repeat. She recommends using a US 6 (4 mm) needle, but since I've made up two of these in the past, I decided on a US 7 (4.5 mm) to provide a little more ease (it's a personal gauge thing, I suppose).

Being blessed with a few days of unseasonably warm weather over the Mother's Day weekend, I took advantage and enjoyed reading and knitting out on my front porch (which provides just the right amount of shade). Now that our school year is winding down, I'm hoping to do lots more of just that. :)

Last week I shared about Tending your Garden and cannot more highly recommend it as a personal devotional or simply for the small bites of encouragement we all need throughout our day...
The home is the center of our garden as Christian women. As old-fashioned as it may sound, it's actually a biblical idea: a woman's realm is her husband, her children [if she has been blessed with them  ~L], and her home...homemaking is no simple task. It is not for the simple-minded or the faint of heart.
and...
No one will take our role seriously unless we take it seriously ourselves. This includes the necessity of working hard and also refusing to be apologetic about doing our God-given task, as if we were doing work of second-rate importance and are just too lazy to have outside work.
Wisdom for keepers at home, indeed!

Yes, I'm also still reading Square Foot Gardening along with a book on the fruit of the Spirit and, of course, my Bible. How about you? What are you reading? What projects are you working on this week?


Join me for Ginny's Yarn Along and Tami's WIP Wednesdays :)



Thanks for dropping in! I hope your visit to Dole Valley has been both a blessing and encouragement; if so, won't you join me? Look to the upper right to follow, subscribe via email, or via RSS feed. ~Lisa

10 comments:

  1. Four row repeat? I am sold! Love projects that can be easily memorized. Love the color!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After carrying the pattern around for the lacy scarf I knitted for my daughter, I needed an easy four-row repeat!!

      Delete
  2. That was a great find! I love this pattern and I so thank you for letting me know it was out there. I had to go up to a size 7 needle, too. If I didn't the stitches looked too tight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only one...

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear about Tending Your Garden and your cowlet looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find it encouraging! Thanks for the sweet comment. :)

      Delete
  4. As always, I leave inspired. Your knitting project is coming along quite nicely my friend :)
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! You always leave the most encouraging comments! :)

      Delete
  5. Working on my yard, cleaning (deep) my home, organizing my mil's house for the estate sale, re-opening our knife sharpening business on Monday, prepping for a double graduation party Saturday, caring for elderly parents' needs, doing paperwork for Nathan's admission to U of Illinois, and on and on and on...but sadly, no knitting! I love the yarn color you have, so pretty!

    Blessings and {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, you are soooo busy! Hope the grad party is a huge success -- congrats!!

      Blessings, ~Lisa :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...