Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tending my yarn garden... {Yarn Along}



That, my friends, is a Goodwill tag.

Only $4.99 for five skeins of Knit Picks yarn -- what a deal! Only I wasn't the one who made this discovery...a dear friend gets the credit for this find (thanks, C.H.!). Imagine my surprise when it was gifted to me.  :)  What a sweet addition to my yarn garden!

What to knit, what to knit...  I'm imagining a New, New Shale Cowl for her and perhaps a pair of anklets, too (need to find a pattern for those -- any suggestions?). I'm still working on washcloths and haven't touched my poncho since I had to rip it out. It looks as though it's going to be a while before I pick it back up again. For the record, I'm ok with that. :)



Looking for something new to read for my morning devotional time, I pulled Tending Your Garden off my bookshelf and look forward to once again being both edified and challenged by this dear sister in the Lord. Here's a peek:



"Because we have the delightful task of being with them for much of the day, we are attuned to needs our children have in regard to training (even if this involves basic life skills) and instruction in righteousness. This can be a complicated task, but with God's grace and wisdom, one that is truly a blessing."

A blessing, indeed!

I'm also still reading Square Foot Gardening along with a book on the fruits of the Spirit and, of course, my Bible. How about you? What are you reading? What projects are you working on these days?

Join me for Ginny's Yarn Along :)




Happy knitting!

Lisa :)

Disclosure

13 comments:

  1. decisions, decisions, decisions! can't wait to see what you end up doing with this.

    what fun and what a great friend...

    blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an AWESOME deal. Hurrah for thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good deal!! Looking forward to reading what you'll do with the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need something garden themed to knit- to go along with the rest of the post LOL But what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a terrific suggestion! Thanks, Rachel!!

      Delete
  5. So nice to think that someone else's left over yarn is going to be made into something wonderful by someone else. A burden turned into a joy. Perfect. Love finding great finds like this. Look forward to seeing what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "A burden turned into joy." Love this!

      Delete
  6. I love trying to decide what to knit. The cowl looks like the perfect project for that lovely yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never did learn to knit or crochet. It just never was my cup of tea. I'm hoping to take it up one day, as I've always wanted to learn how to make toys. Counted Cross Stitch is more my thing, and I have to say I've not had my hand on a needle in years. It's high time I change that.

    Reading? I'm one of those with my nose in about seven books at any given time; not to mention all the magazines, e-books, and websites! I just can't seem to get enough. Love, love, love to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, Pick up that needle and get creative! I know what you mean about having the nose in many books; my nightstand is stacked as is the table next to my favorite chair. The nice thing about books (or magazines) is that you can pick up whichever one strikes your fancy at the moment. Thanks for dropping in and leaving a comment! Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful gift! Oh I can't wait to see this all knitted up. I STILL need to get my New Shale Cowl knit up. ((sigh)) but it is really put on the back burner for a while. To many other things need to be made up or done first. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a find! Which yarn is it? I can't tell from the photos... :-)

    Chels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's "Essential" in Russet Tweed. I looked on the Knit Picks website, but couldn't find this particular yarn, so it must be out of stock/outdated. A terrific find nonetheless, and I'm looking forward to knitting up something wonderful with it! ~Lisa :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...