Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Almost... {Gratituesday}

Almost done...

We finished history a few weeks ago, and we're almost done with math and science for the year! Of course reading of all sorts will continue throughout the summer along with journal writing and a little daily piano and violin practice to keep up on skills learned over the past year. Throw in a session or two of swimming lessons, and we've made the transition to our summer school schedule. I just love the ease of life that comes as the days grow longer and summer's knocking at our door. Only eight more days!

Looking forward to warm days at the river, lazy days lost in book after book, camping at Silver Falls, and tending our garden and enjoying the fruit of our labor -- it's almost here!

To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven...

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
~I Thessalonians 5:16-18

What are you thankful for today? Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers.

Blessings,

~Lisa

I hope your visit to Dole Valley has been a blessing and encouragement--thanks for joining us on our journey! To follow or subscribe, look to the upper right. :)

8 comments:

  1. Yay!!! That sounds like a lively summer :-) My dh lives more of the "corporate life" though he isn't a corporation man...but the busy-ness and stress is all there. It's a hard life to tolerate for me, so I am trying hard this summer to diminish MY stress (which is caused by stuff and busy-ness) to keep me sane out here in the uber-suburbs. *SIGH*

    Your daughter's hair is such a lovely color! Praying these final weeks of formal instruction are smooth-sailing for all of you!

    {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori. Praying things wind down for you so that you can enjoy your summer. :) Thanks for visiting! ~Lisa

      Delete
  2. Mine just have reports to finish typing and we are done for the year! Evaluations are next week and then a month off...to plan and plan some more :)

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you and your students, Maria! Enjoy your time off, my friend. And yes, there is always the planning for next year...I love the planning. :)

      Delete
  3. I really miss homeschooling. I homeschooled my son while he was in high school(he is now 24). Though he was doing well, the constant changing classrooms drove him nuts. He would just get into say, Math and then time to go to another class. We "unschooled" for about a month, and then things kicked in for him. I was totally OK with him working on biology for 2-3 straight hours. We really learned(me too)a lot more that way. He recently received an A in English 102(college)and I stated it must have been the extra 30 hours of English I gave him. OOPs..the cat was out of the bag;-)

    Enjoy your summer...you all earned it.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Jill. :) I understand the "missing" of homeschooling in a way as I have three adult children (ages 27 - 23) who were once not only my children, but also my pupils. As my youngest two get older and begin to outgrow the more childish things of life, I can feel my homeschooling years slipping away. I can say for certain that it goes by so quickly, and for that reason, I cherish each and every moment! Congrats to your son for his A!

      Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. Love that! We finished last Thursday and it's WONDERFUL! Hope the rest goes well so you can enjoy that summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to being able to say the same in two more weeks! Have a great summer! ~Lisa :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...