Saturday, June 23, 2012

Chicken day preview...

Just because I know at least a few people who didn't think I'd be able to do it...



It was cold. It was rainy. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Having 26 healthy pastured chickens in our freezer is so worth it!!

On the menu for Monday? Chicken. And then I can cross off #18.    :)

Blessings!

~Lisa

I hope your visit to Dole Valley has been a blessing and encouragement--thanks for joining us on our journey! To follow or subscribe, look to the upper right. :)

5 comments:

  1. I used to do this with my grandmother. It was a hot and dirty job, but the chicken tasted delicious that night :)

    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold and messy describes the job performed today. Thanks for visiting, Maria. :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Lisa! I've been butchering chickens since I was 11. My parents taught me how because they thought that some day, I "might need" to know how. Well, they were right - I married a man who loves to hunt turkeys, ducks, and geese...and I always help him butcher his birds. :)
    Hope you're having a lovely Lord's Day.
    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! My son is getting to the stage where he's probably lost count of how many chickens he's butchered...wish they were actually his and I could have some of that good, healthy stuff at a more affordable price! Someday, someday...

    Enjoy your chicken!
    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! We keep toying with the idea of raising chickens again now that we're back in a rural area.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...