Thursday, June 14, 2012

Finally finished! {On my needles}

So much going on this week with getting ready for our local used curriculum sale, that I didn't get around to joining Ginny's Yarn Along yesterday. That said, no photo of my handiwork with my current reading, but since everything I'm reading is the same as last week, this link will have to do. :)

The booties and bonnet I've been working on (a gift for a dear friend's first grandchild) are finally finished! I bought the yarn for these three weeks ago, and since I made up the bonnet as I went, I'm thinking three weeks to finish isn't so bad...


Why the color looks different between these two photos, I just don't know since they were both taken within seconds of each other. Anyway, this next photo shows the detail of the back of the bonnet; it took me only three tries to get this right, so I'm pretty happy. :)



I know you might be thinking that it's summertime and perhaps too warm for a set like this, but here in the Pacific NW, it's still quite cool. My strawberries aren't even red yet...

As far as reading goes, I'm still using Tending My Garden for devotions. Peril and Peace is still our read aloud. And, yes, I'm still reading the latest copy of Mother Earth News.

AnnaLynn? She's still working on her granny square pillow project and is just about done...maybe next week? We'll see.

How about you? What are you reading? What projects are you working on this week?

Happy creating!

~Lisa



I hope your visit to Dole Valley has been a blessing and encouragement--thanks for joining us on our journey! To follow or subscribe, look to the upper right. :)

16 comments:

  1. The Bonnet and booties are dreamy! You did an excellent job!

    Blessings
    Mrs. White
    The Legacy of Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! It's always such a treat when a project turns out well. :) ~Lisa

      Delete
  2. What a lovely gift! Your knitting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any new mom would love to receive the booties and bonnet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lisa...they are just precious! :) What a wonderful gift!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! Hope all is well in you corner of the world. :)

      Delete
  5. The pink bonnet and booties are too cute! I'd never had the patience to make something like this, lol! :)

    Project for the weekend: cleaning out my pantry, ugh! :( I just hope that I don't procrastinate.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment, Mara. :) Hope you pantry cleaning was successful!

      Delete
  6. Lisa~
    these are so nice!! They finished up so well--don't you love the satisfaction of a completed project??

    Great job!
    And have a great Father's Day-with the family!!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I love the process, a finished project always gives the ultimate satisfaction. :) Hope you and yours had a blessed time over the weekend! ~Lisa

      Delete
  7. The bonnet is just adorable! Any chance you'd share the pattern? I have a new grandchild coming this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind compliment, Nancy. I'm almost finished writing my bonnet pattern and will, Lord willing, have it available soon! Watch for an announcement here on the blog. :) Congrats on the grandbaby -- what a blessing! ~Lisa

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...