Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lead a quiet life...

"...aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands..."  ~I Thessalonians 4:11
There has been lots of activity here at our little homestead over the past week! Working with our own hands certainly can mean fingers dancing over the computer keyboard, but I'm talking about the kind that gets dirt under your nails requiring a good scrub with hot, soapy water. :)  Lord willing, I'll be sharing what we've been up to over the next few days, but in the meanwhile, join us in enjoying a day of rest.

Wishing you all blessed Lord's day,

~Lisa

I hope your visit to Dole Valley has been a blessing and encouragement--thanks for joining us on our journey! To follow or subscribe, look to the upper right. :)

12 comments:

  1. This verse is one that is dear to my heart and one I need to remember. Blessings on the work of your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always embraced this verse, with fervor! I am a doer and working in the garden is the best gift I give myself :)

    Have a blessed Sunday my friend...

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, I think this verse is my new favorite to live by. Thanks for the sweet comment, ~Lisa

      Delete
  3. "Remember the Sabbath Day by keeping it holy." - Exodus 20:8. It's nice to see someone doing that. Enjoy your day of rest and God bless! By the way, I love the verse at the top. I put it on a notecard to stick in my Bible. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living for the Lord is truly the only way to enjoy happiness! Hope your day was a restful one, Jenn. :)

      Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. That is one of my favorite verses! Yes, praying a wonderful Sabbath rest to you my SSiC. Just got home and digesting all that I learned this week end. The Lord did a lot of weeding in my heart this week end. I love how pretty your garden looks. I rather look at this pic than the weedy mound I have. ((sigh))

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear all about your retreat, Mary. :) Picking weeds is always hard work, I know this all too well, but the beauty and growth that can happen once they're out of the way!! Foxglove are just coming into bloom...they're one of my favorites.

      Blessings, ~Lisa :)

      Delete
  5. Profound words .... ones to live by!

    I'm hosting a giveaway over at my blog and would love for you to stop by and participate.

    http://www.myhobbielobbie.com/2012/05/my-200th-blog-post-and-my-1st-ever.html

    Looking forward to seeing you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trisha, Thanks for the invite -- congrats on your 200th post!

      Delete
  6. This is one of my favorite bible verses, and one I try to implement in my life on a regular basis.

    Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...