Sunday, June 10, 2012

On the edge of a cliff... {J.C. Ryle}

Don't tell me of your happiness if it daily depends on the uncertainties of the earth. Your home may be rich in comforts; your wife [or husband] and children may be all you could desire; your income may be amply sufficient to meet all your wants. But oh, remember, if you have nothing more than this to look to, then you are standing on the edge of a cliff! Your joy may be deep and earnest, but it is fearfully short-lived. It has no root. It is not true happiness.

~ J.C. Ryle
Just in case you didn't already know, I love a good quote on happiness (especially when it's about the only true source of happiness!).

Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God. ~Psalm 146:5

Wishing you a blessed Lord's day,

~Lisa

I hope your visit to Dole Valley has been a blessing and encouragement--thanks for joining us on our journey! To follow or subscribe, look to the upper right. :)



8 comments:

  1. Good one Lisa. So hard to remember sometimes in the midst of circumstance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially in the midst of circumstance! Have a great day, Joanna! ~Lisa

      Delete
  2. Love the quote! I hope you enjoyed your Sabbath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing fully that this is not all there is...what joy it brings to my heart my friend. Thank you for sharing.

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by today, Maria. Praying many blessings upon your and yours. :) ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. I love JC Ryle quotes, Lisa, but I had never heard this one before. Thanks for sharing it. :)
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I left you a comment with a link to the site where I find all my Ryle quotes. Thanks for visiting! ~Lisa :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...