Monday, July 30, 2012

#45 -- attend a wine tasting {50 before 50}

Go, eat your bread with joy,
And drink your wine with a merry heart...


It's not about crossing off another item on my 50 before 50 list, it's about enjoying the blessings of God's abundant goodness to me in the days of my youth! Since my 49th is speedily approaching, I've got about 15 months before the big 5-0 which, at least the way I see it from 48, will be the official beginning of what I'm affectionately calling my older and wiser years. (Years which I'm looking forward to, by the way.)

Why Dan and I haven't visited one of several local wineries sooner, I cannot say (especially since I love a good glass of red). Maybe it's because Dan's not so much into it (give the man a glass of cold microbrew any day...). What I believe to be the real reason, though, is that we simply haven't made the time. Until recently, that is. :)

Wine tasting at the Rusty Grape Vineyard in Battle Ground was only $5. The nice thing was that the tasting fee could be applied toward the purchase of a bottle of wine; we brought home a bottle of their Recession Red which was really quite nice.

Such a blessing to accomplish another of my goals with my wonderful husband by my side, to enjoy the delicious goodness of the vine (along with all it's healthy benefits [click here, here, and here]), and for time and opportunity to do those things I've always wanted to.

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
~I Thessalonians 5:16-18

What are you thankful for today?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers. :)

6 comments:

  1. nice post thanks for sharing i found you thrue other followers looking for to visit more blessings across the miles

    ReplyDelete
  2. That verse from Ecclesiastes one of my favorite verses. :) What a neat idea to take 50 "never dones" make them "to dos" and turn them into "have dones." Good luck with the rest of your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-ha! Sounds like our hubbies are quite similar! We went to a winery in Missouri once and had a tasting. He stopped trying after awhile. I loved it though. So great to drink something so local.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanna, my husband is "trying" to like wine for the health benefits, but it's just not happening. We'll have to get together sometime when we're up north in your area... Blessings, ~Lisa :)

      Delete
  4. I hope we get to go do this while we visit. We are starting to count down the days! This was a fun thing to fulfill. You have to re post your 50 before 50 list with what you have done crossed off. I am quite fuzzy what was on your list.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...