Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Friendship...

I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap
 for the favor of the kings of the world. 
~Thomas A. Edison

A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere.
 Before him I may think aloud. 
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks, J.   xo
Friendship is a precious gift, don't you know. That the Lord has been pleased to pour out the blessing of friendship upon me, upon you, is indeed something to be thankful for.

And I am thankful... 

For friends old and friends new. For friends who I've lost contact with due to the ebb and flow of life. For the Friend who sticks closer than a brother. For my amazing husband. For my incredible children. For my parents & siblings. For the very real friends I've made here in the blogosphere. For the friends my family worships with each Sunday morning. For the friends who know I'm a busy wife & mom. For the friends who encourage me along life's way. For the friends who know me and love me anyway. For friends who aren't afraid to tell me the truth...

A true friend stabs you in the front.
~Oscar Wilde

Thank you, Lord, for each sweet friend you've brought into my life! Thank you for using them to teach me to laugh at myself, to count it all joy, to trust, to dream... And thank you for seeing fit to use me in in the lives of others.

The best mirror is an old friend.
~George Herbert

What are you thankful for today, my friends?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers. :)


Growing Home
a-wise-woman-builds-her-home

12 comments:

  1. That is just so lovely Lisa...yes, friends are a gift from Our Father, so that we don't go about it alone in life :)

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought of you while writing this... Thanks for always leaving such sweet, encouraging comments, Maria. :) ~Lisa

      Delete
  2. "Friendship is a sheltering tree." Samuel Taylor Colerige

    I've always loved this quote. Have a great day, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you, Pamela! A sheltering tree, indeed!

      So glad the Lord saw fit to bring us together in this venue. :) ~Lisa

      Delete
  3. I've been feeling so BLESSED lately with the friendships in my life. I know that the Lord is good, and my friends are a gift from HIM. I am beyond thankful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Denise. :) To be blessed with friendship is to be blessed, indeed!

      Delete
  4. I am so thankful for being able to get out of bed this morning. I woke up at 6:45am to a storm (which was great, by the way), at 7:30 to make my friend coffee, and then again at 10 to get up for the day. The Lord has truly blessed me so I can go bless others today, and I can't wait to see what He has in store for today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friends are the best gifts/blessings from above. They make our load lighter along the way.

    Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today, I am thankful for dear blogging friends who never fail to encourage me, make me laugh, and challenge me in my walk with the Lord. Thanks to you, dear friend for being one of them. :) I always enjoy stopping by your place.
    I hope you're having a lovely week.
    Much love to you,
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much, Lisa, for your kind words and encouragement! Hoping you're enjoying that sweet new grandbaby!

      Delete
  7. I'm SO far behind in blogland that I am just now seeing this post...but I want you to know that I cherish our friendship very much! I love you my friend! J.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...