Thursday, August 2, 2012

AnnaLynn's Granny Square Pillow :)

Today I'm excited to share AnnaLynn's granny square pillow! This was a perfect project to learn and practice granny squares since she had to crochet 10 of them altogether. Sugar'n Cream yarns in hot green and sunshine perfectly match her bedroom walls, but right now this pillow is on display at the county fair which opens tomorrow!




Yes, my girl is really reading This Was John Calvin -- we studied the Middle Ages last year and are finishing up before diving into American history readers this fall. Of course, she's also reading two or three (or more) books about horses this summer. :)

As for me, when not working on my bonnet pattern, I've been crocheting cotton soap cozies in an effort to use up the odds and ends leftover from other projects. Thanks so much to everyone for all the sweet comments last week! Your kind words have been a fount of encouragement! I'm about half-way through Jan Karon's In the Company of Others which I'm loving even though life has been full leaving me little time to do much reading.

How are your projects coming along? What American history readers do you recommend?

Happy knitting and crocheting,

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)



Sharing at Tami Amis FO Friday :)

18 comments:

  1. Everytime, I go through Yarn Along, I sometimes wish I knew how to crochet because I like how Granny squares look, and I'd love to make a quilt made out of Granny squares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, Maybe when Charis gets a little older you can both learn together. :) It's not too difficult, really! There are tons of how-to videos on the web if you don't know someone who can teach you. :)

      Delete
  2. That pillow looks so good! It will do great at the fair. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn. :) She's so excited! Today's the big day we go to the fair to see how she did...

      Delete
  3. That pillow is adorable! I have a pillow about that size to practice cranny squares....I have such trouble with them. She did a really great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This pillow really was a great way to practice, so go for it! :)

      Delete
  4. I love all things JD salinger and all things Wallace Stegner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for chiming in, Kathy. :)

      Delete
  5. Your pillow is going to do awesome at the fair, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome. I love the colors. All summery and soft. Makes you wanna snuggle in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am using that yellow right now on a tunic. It's a wonderful color and congrats on exhibiting in the fair..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors of this pillow. Your daughter did a wonderful job. I'm all thumbs when it comes to crocheting.

    Have a nice weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice post thanks for sharing i found you thrue other follower..looking for to visit more...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this pillow!! I've been wanting to make a granny square pillow but keep putting it off, this one is lovely, and such happy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks lovely, the colours are so fresh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, ladies! Thanks for all you kind words about my little girl's crocheted pillow! I'm hoping she'll eventually make a granny square blanket for her bed now that she's comfortable with making the squares. Blessings to you all! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. She did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shara! I'm really proud of her and look forward to watching her crochet skills improve. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...