Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Five feet five and a quarter... {gratituesday}

Happy 14th birthday wishes to my third son...



Where, oh where does the time go? Exactly how do 14 years pass so quickly?

Sigh.

So thankful for this young man...for his wit, his thoughtfulness, his tender heart, his faithfulness. So thankful for the work the Lord is doing in his life.
My son, if you receive my words, 
and treasure my commands within you,
So that you incline your ear to wisdom, 
and apply your heart to understanding;
Yes, if you cry out for discernment, 
and lift up your voice for understanding,
If you seek her as silver, 
and search for her as for hidden treasures;
Then you will understand the fear of the LORD, 
and find the knowledge of God.
For the LORD gives wisdom; 
from His mouth come knowledge and understanding;
He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; 
He is a shield to those who walk uprightly;
He guards the paths of justice, 
and preserves the way of His saints.
Then you will understand righteousness and justice, 
equity and every good path.
~Proverbs 2:1-9
Oh, and for the record, his being 5' 5¼" means he's taller than me now. :)

What are you thankful for today?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers :)
a-wise-woman-builds-her-home

8 comments:

  1. Where does the time go? My son is 9....double digits 7 months away. It seems like yesterday he lay a babe in my arms. I loved the verses you shared. They are perfect. Stoppin by from A Wise Woman. Blessings from simplyhelpinghim.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Misty, for taking the time to comment. :) They do grow up oh-so-quickly which is why we must seize every moment and raise these boys as to the Lord! Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  2. So great! Praise God for birthdays! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Jenn. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday !!! Your son has great times ahead of him. Love the trail photo!

    Im grateful for my Minnesota sister....she sent me little birthday gifts early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Kathy. :) The trail pic was of our camping trip to Silver Falls, Oregon -- so gorgeous there!

      Delete
  4. Oh Lisa...Happy Birthday to your son! I have one also - his birthday is in November and he has been taller than me for over 3 years now :-D

    And yes, the time does pass quickly my friend.

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. :) They grow up so quickly; I'm afraid to blink...

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...