Saturday, September 22, 2012

Beautiful Blogger Award :)

One of the truly great things--one of my favorite things--about blogging has been getting to know so many nice people I wouldn't otherwise have likely ever met. Shara, who blogs at Mama's Mission, is one of those nice people I've enjoyed getting to know, and this sweet blog friend has nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. :)

Not only is Shara a blogger, she's also a wife, mom, home-educator, frugal shopper, and more. Oh, and she's gifted with a crochet hook to be sure! Shara often shares her weekly menu plans which always inspire me to be a little more creative with my own cooking, to stock my pantry a little better, and to stretch one meal into two (as in cook once, eat twice...). Thanks so much, Shara!
Along with the award comes a few duties:
  • Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
  • Write something about the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
  • Share 7 things about yourself.
  • Nominate other bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.

OK now. Ready? Here are seven things about me...
  1. I over commit and almost always think I have more time to get things done than I actually do
  2. I'm obsessive about having clean kitchen counters
  3. I'm a prepper
  4. I will turn 50 in 13 months and pray I've inherited both my grandmas' longevity :)
  5. I love shopping at the Goodwill
  6. One of my most favorite movie lines ever is from Top Gun A Few Good Men when Jack Nicholson's character says, "You can't handle the truth!" [Thanks, M!]
  7. The reason I called my blog "Happy in Dole Valley" is because I'm a recovering "cup-half-full" type of gal focusing on the good things in life

Finally, here are my nominations for the Beautiful Blogger Award!

Wishing all my blog friends out there a terrific 1st day of fall!

 ~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

8 comments:

  1. Lisa...congratulations :) But the movie that Jack Nicholson says 'You can't handle the Truth!' is not Top Gun is 'A Few Good Men'.

    ...clean kitchen counters ~ mmm...yes, I'm with you there ;)

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria! Thanks for the correction!! That's what I get for doing some late night blogging... no, really, I should just fess up to showing my aging, fuzzy memory! :) Good to "see" you again, my friend. :)

      Delete
  2. thank you Lisa for the nomination! You are very sweet, and I'm honored.
    Your blog has come so far and it is exciting to see it grow and your followers grow too, congrats. You are very deserving of this award. I love seeing your new muffin creations, your beautiful gardens and bounty and your hand made creations. Thanks for providing through your posts encouragement and a Godly outlook. Have a wonderful weekend.
    oh and I'm obessesive about clean counters too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Andrea. :) So glad to pass the bloggy love your way! Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa! My name is Delisa and I saw your comment over on Maria's blog and thought I would pop over and say hello. I really enjoy reading Shara's blog too and I'm so happy she gave you the Beautiful Blogger Award! I am 49 years old too and I live with my husband and golden retriever Barkley in a little one stop light town in southeast Georgia. You have a wonderful blog, your pictures are so beautiful! I especially loved the one of the canned green beans in the last post, I can just taste them. :) It sounds like you have some fun projects lined up. I do a little sewing too and I enjoy knitting and crocheting. I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead! Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delisa, Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment. :) Wish I could send you some of our dilly beans; they turned out so good this year! Always nice to meet someone new here in the blogosphere; I'll stop by your blog soon! Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. Wow Lisa. I can relate to almost everyone of your seven things. Especially the over commitment part -- I even write too long of a "to do" list for the day...lol...knowing I'll never get it all done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing... Great minds think alike, no? :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...