Tuesday, September 25, 2012

In which I met a blog friend :) {Gratituesday}

However many blessings we expect from God, His infinite liberality will always exceed all our wishes and our thoughts.
~John Calvin



I've written before about the blessing of friendship and about friendships made here in the blogging world [here, here, and here]. How sweet, then, to actually get to meet one of you in person!

Who knew that leaving a comment would turn into a friendship? Mary is a kindred spirit to be sure--I am beyond blessed to have met her. So when she suggested helping me accomplish one of the items on my 50 before 50 list by getting together, I checked with the husband, and then we started planning for her visit. It happened that Mary and her family would be in the Seattle area (just a 3.5 hour drive) visiting family during September, so a weekend was set to get together. What a blessing it was to talk in person, to knit together, to worship together on Sunday morning, and to find that my blog friend is truly just a friend.  :)

How about you? What are you thankful for today?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers :)




8 comments:

  1. What a blessing indeed! When Mary shared that she will be meeting up with you Lisa, I was so excited for her. Our Lord allowed it and provided the perfect time for you two to get together.

    Too bad I live on the opposite side of the continent :( But you never know....

    It is so good to see you both together :-D

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, We talked about how fun it would have been if you, too, could have joined us. Truly this visit was a blessing from the Lord, and I do pray you, too, will be blessed in the same way, my friend. ~Lisa

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that you got to meet Mary in person! You are so lucky and blessed! It sounds like the two of you had a nice time in fellowship together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mara, Getting to meet Mary in person was certainly a blessing! How sweet it is to me that she is the real deal--exactly who she is on her blog is who she is in person. :) Hope you are sleeping well these days, my friend...

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful blessing!
    Your blog and posts truly bless my day....I love reading them and I can feel your love for the Lord in every post. Thank you for your time in posting on your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet, encouraging comment! Thank you, Peris. :) I'm thankful you're blessed by visiting here and pray the Lord's richest blessings upon you and yours. :) ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. What a blessing to talk with your friend, Mary, face to face, knit together, and worship together. I've gotten to know each of you just a little through blog visits and to see you together is a fun surprise.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Karen. :) Yes, it was indeed a blessing! Amazing how the Lord works in this blog world to unite friends who'd have otherwise not ever likely met at all. Blessings to you! ~Lisa

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...