Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I've been told it's called frogging... {On my needles}

Last week I was so happy to share this...



But by the time I'd knitted almost an entire skein of yarn, I decided the rib pattern I was using just didn't work with the yarn the way I was hoping for, so I frogged it. After numerous starts and restarts using different stitch patterns found in my copy of 400 Knitting Stitches, I got out a pencil and scratched down an idea for the pattern I've settled on which you can see below. 



This is the front (I discovered a mistake that I'll need to go back and correct, but other than that, I'm happy with the way it's turning out).



And this is the back:



Still working on putting the final touches on my bonnet pattern and hope to have a couple friends test the pattern for me within the next couple of weeks! Thanks for your patience. :)

Still working my way through Jan Karon's In the Company of Others and am on the last chapter. I thought I'd be finishing it last night, but I couldn't keep my eyes open!

Still reading Plowing in Hope and just started the Maxwells' Keeping Our Children's Hearts which are both encouraging in their own ways.

We're enjoying some gorgeous late-summer weather here, yet the signs of fall are just beginning to appear with leaves exposing their colors, pumpkins slowly turning orange, and cooler nights which means we've thrown an extra blanket on the bed. Before we know it the garden will be closed until next spring allowing for much more time with my hooks and needles.

How about you? What craftiness are you busy with? What have you been reading?

~Lisa


Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe.
:)

Sharing with WIP Wednesday, Frontier Dreams, and



14 comments:

  1. That's some delicious look yarn right there!! Can't wait to see your F.O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE frogging things I've knit, but every time it happens, I'm much happier with the final result. I think I like the look of the second scarf better. It doesn't look as tight. Looking forward to seeing the final result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful yarn you're using.:-)
    "In the Company of Others" is one of my favorites!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way your yarn is knitting up looks really cool! I love my copy of 400 Knitting Stitches. It never lets me down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yarn! I'm a crocheter, and I "frog" stuff all the time, but I've always just called it unraveling.

    If you're interested, I'm hosting a giveaway for a custom dyed skein of yarn on my blog. http://philwife.blogspot.com/2012/08/custom-dyed-yarn-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love that yarn! And the new ribbed pattern looks great with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty yarn and pattern! I love how each side is different. Sometimes I like frogging things, and other times it makes me want to throw my needles down and not pick them back up for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like that the scarf is reversible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the yarn is very beautiful. I agree that reversible scarves = win!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, everyone, for the sweet comments! Lord willing, I'll be content with the pattern I posted today and will actually finish this scarf soon. :)

    Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that the scarf is reversible :) and bonnet pattern? I must hear more! My girls live in bonnets. Thanks for joining up with Keep Calm Craft On!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, Thanks for the sweet comment. :) You can see the bonnet I'm writing a pattern for here. Lord willing, I'll finish it soon! So excited about it. Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...