Wednesday, September 26, 2012

On my needles...the ongoing adventures of my Sanibel Scarf {part 4}

Welcome to the ongoing adventures of my Sanibel Scarf! In case you missed it, here's part one, part two, and part three -- the frogging. Here we are two weeks and two skeins later, and I'm happy to say that the scarf is off my needles and being blocked as I type -- woohoo!!



I saved a little yarn in order to crochet a flower which will be made into a brooch...



The kids and I have been reading a Proverb each morning before we start our school day...I'm planning to continue this throughout the year since gaining wisdom is a good thing to be sure.



What to knit next? I searched through my yarn stash this afternoon looking for the perfect yarn with which to knit up a pair of *these cute slippers* (thanks, Delisa!). Can't wait to cast on. :)

What have you been reading or creating lately?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Sharing with:

Tami's WIP Wednesday and...






8 comments:

  1. Love the scarf!

    I think Proverbs and Psalms are my two favorite books of the Bible.

    Delisa has some lovely projects on her blog. She's quite a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shara. :) The husband is leading us in a study through the Psalms before he leaves for work each morning... The kids have to be at the table by 6 a.m. with their Bibles. If they're up by 5:45, they get to make a cup of hot cocoa to sip on during our family worship. :) Always such a blessed way to start the day! Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  2. Love your scarf. I just tried my hand at dyeing yarn with kool-aide... It was an adventure to be sure...My fingers are still stained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not ever done any yarn dying, but it's something I hope to try one of these days even if my fingers gets stained. :)

      Delete
  3. I am at the last stages of my first cardigan ... quite excited over this :) Your scarf looks wonderful! It does take time doesn't :)

    What great joy to start your day with HIS Word in our hearts...

    In His Love,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, Congrats on being so close to finishing your cardigan! Hope you'll share a photo or two with us...

      Delete
  4. Beautiful scarf -lovely flower.

    Enjoy the slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the scarf, Lisa! So fall-ish. :) I just finished an autumn shawl. We read a Proverb every day, too...the chapter that corresponds with the day of the month. :)
    Hope you're having a lovely day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...