Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chocolate & cheese from afar {and other random things to be thankful for}

So...

I determined to go low-carb for a couple weeks and guess what arrived in my mailbox this morning?



Chocolate and cheese...from Switzerland. {Thanks, Jess & Zack!!}

The cheese? I can eat that. The chocolate? Sigh. I'm guessing that since six of us live here and will have to share, it won't hurt too badly if I have a small bite, right?

Mmmmm...


Other recent blessings include tomatoes from both our garden and my dad's garden. :)


Morning glories that are still in bloom... (and for my budding photographer daughter, AnnaLynn)


Gathering for family worship every morning at 6 a.m. before the papa leaves for work. (Yes, 6 a.m. We drink coffee while the kids drink hot cocoa -- such a wonderful way to start our day!)


Dan and Daniel recently spent a weekend together in the Puget Sound area for their annual father-son retreat.


And among so many, many other things, I am thankful to have finished my Sanibel Scarf.


However many blessings we expect from God, His infinite liberality will always exceed all our wishes and our thoughts.
~John Calvin

How about you? What are you thankful for today?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers :)

10 comments:

  1. The scarf is lovely. Enjoy your chocolate and cheese. We have our family worship at around 9 AM, after breakfast, since my husband works in the afternoon/evening. Right now, we are reading through Proverbs and Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! 9 a.m. sounds soooo nice. :)

      Delete
  2. Your family is truly lovely Lisa. The scarf looks wonderful...and warm :)

    Thank you for sharing your day with me today...

    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Maria. :)

      Delete
  3. You're confused -- chocolate gifted to you has no countable carbs. :-)

    Seriously, what a great treat!

    I really should get daughter up before hubby leaves, but I'm not sure she's even rolled over by 6....(sigh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously? No carbs? Good thing 'cause I ate 2 small squares. :) And just so you know, we just started the 6 a.m. thing this school year -- thankfully, no one is resisting too hard (the cocoa is a real treat for them, so they have an incentive to get up for sure!). Blessings! ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Lisa. I always enjoy stopping by your place. :)
    Much love to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Lisa. :) Same back at you!

      Delete
  5. Love the scarf. It looks nice longer for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...