Saturday, October 20, 2012

Time is treasure...

While chewing on these words this week...
Think long and hard about the way you invest your children’s time. Time is treasure. And where your time investment is, there you will find the heart of a child. Invest the majority of his time in entertainment, and his heart will be turned to love of pleasure. Invest his time in peers rather then family, and his heart will be with the peers more than his family. There is a time and place for all good things in balance, but wise parents will steward the treasure of time, and in so doing, shepherd their children’s hearts.
~Doug Phillips
I was reminded of these...
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
~Jesus (Matthew 6:19-21)

And know how easy it is to lose focus of what is truly important in life.

Sharing here in this place is a hobby I enjoy, but what about laying up treasure in heaven? Shepherding my children's hearts? How often is my time spent otherwise? Time itself is ticking away; my children are growing up, and soon enough I'll have time on my hands to pursue all my hobbies more fully.

All of this to say that if from time to time you don't see a new post here, it doesn't mean that we don't have any wonderful new recipes to share or that life has gotten out of hand or dull and boring; it simply means that I'm busy being wife to Dan and mom to my kids and loving it.

See you soon!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand! I am in the same boat and blogging has toned down quite a bit the last year and I can't see this year being very different. I pray blessings on your time with your family for it is truly important.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    I agree with everything you've said in this post...I think many of us are in the same place! Not to fret over lack of blog posts...we will have eternity to chit chat, after all... :-D

    ~Lori (who still loves her lavendar soap...mmmmmmm)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary & Lori,

    Thanks so much for the understanding, encouraging words. :) Looking forward to getting back here soonish!

    Blessings to you both,

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...