Tuesday, November 27, 2012

{Gratituesday}

Last Wednesday when my dad and stepmom arrived from Seattle to celebrate Thanksgiving weekend with us, I was blessed with an unexpected present--a hand-crocheted Christmas tree skirt to grace the floor beneath our tree--isn't it beautiful? Makes me just a little impatient to go pick out a tree...




Of course it'll be another week or so before we venture out to pick out our tree. But with the first day of Advent coming up this Sunday and St. Nicholas Day on the 6th, the Christmas season is surely upon us. In fact, the kids pulled out our Christmas cd's yesterday morning...there's nothing like a little old (really old) Amy Grant and some music from The Charlie Brown Christmas to put us in the Christmas mood. :)

Thankful? Why yes I am. Thankful for creative hands that transform an abundance of colorful yarn into something purposefully beautiful. Thankful for four days with loved ones. Thankful for a turkey that roasted up perfectly. Thankful for our best holiday bazaar yet (!!!). Thankful for a delicious turkey soup for dinner this evening (and the last of the leftovers -- Amen!). And thankful that the Advent season is almost upon us; what an awesome joy it is to contemplate that our God became man, dwelt among us, and saved us by His most amazing grace. So thankful.

Counting my blessings one by one and giving thanks for all the Lord is doing in my life -- for the grace and mercy He extends to this imperfect lump of clay. How about you? What are you thankful for today?

~Lisa
Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers :)

10 comments:

  1. Lisa...what a beautiful gift. It shows all the love and care it took to create it. Enjoy it :) m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, indeed I will! Thanks for dropping by, Maria. :)

      Delete
  2. That is beautiful!

    I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful indeed! Thanks for visiting, Shara. :)

      ~Lisa

      Delete
  3. That's so pretty! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday :-)
    Thanks for your comment the other day on my used curriculum sale...please DO share the link to it on your blog, I'd appreciate it! Really need to clear out my house...

    I am still feeling overwhelmed and buried with way too much to do. Would love your prayers, thanks so much! This time of elder-care (of 3 elders, in one capacity or another) plus all the emotional stuff going on with the sons entering adult lives...NOT easy...is really wearing me down. I know God is shaping me into something He can use, so I understand this phase, but it is hard, nonetheless :-)

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will keep you in my prayers, dear Lori. :) Will get a link up for your sale later this a.m. Take care! ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Indeed it is! Thanks for visiting, Sarah. :)

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful and clever idea to crochet granny squares into a tree skirt. The colors will match the lights on the tree and be a cozy and country addition to your house. We also have been playing our CD of Charlie Brown Christmas music, too, (how funny) as well as some Celtic style Christmas carols and hymns. I've made some handmade Christmas pillows this year for relatives - with a prayer for open hearts to the gospel this year.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Open hearts, indeed! May the Lord bless your handwork, Karen. Thanks so much for visiting. :)

      ~Lisa

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...