Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pride and Prejudice on my nightstand, the shawl on my needles, and this week's granny square...



The short chapters of Pride and Prejudice are just right for bedtime reading, at least in my opinion. The truth be told, this is my first time reading Miss Austen's wonderful story, but better late than never, right? Such a thrill to enter into a different time and place when protocol determined behavior. Speaking of protocol, I'm still reading Protocol Matters, but in a slow way. It's a practical book that I'm enjoying taking my time reading and considering how to implement.

Still, the shawl...it's slowly coming along. I'll have plenty of time to knit row after row during the long drive down to Stitches West. No, I won't be driving and knitting. :)  I'll be happily parked in the backseat of my papa's car for the long drive down to Santa Clara as well as for the drive back up -- 700+ miles each way will supply lots of quality knitting time. I may even finish this project before we return home early next week!

This week's granny square used a stitch I don't believe I've ever used before, the triple treble crochet. Thankfully a tutorial was included with the pattern, so I didn't have to go looking one up. :)  Love the small blue hearts created as a result of this unique stitch. AnnaLynn is working to catch up on her squares; some of them are a little difficult for her skill level, but they are providing good learning opportunities for her. :)

So what's growing in your yarn garden? What books are you reading? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's & Tami's :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

13 comments:

  1. Your square is beautiful! I envy all that knitting time you're going to have in the car. I bet you'll get lots done:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very busy..love all of it!! I really like your Granny square good choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that square is lovely. i like those hearts, what a great stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pride & Prejudice, knitting and crochet, it doesn't get much better than that!
    That granny square is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This square is beautiful! The colors! The book is one of my favorite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The granny square is beautiful. What do you call that pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creations, and when you are finished your shawl, you can cosy up in it and enjoy the rest of the book! It's a really wonderful story! I have just started learning to crochet, and these squares you are making are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what beautiful knitting! I can wait to get into something harder when I have a bit more time in the spring! I'm sure excited as I run through all the Yarn Along projects and think" what great yarn!" and "could I do that??" Never learned to crochet and haven't read Jane Austen... inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books. The Granny Square is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I just love that Granny Square! I love the colors, and the hearts are charming :-) You did a lovely job composing the photograph, it's such a "long ago" look...really sweet! I pray you have a wonderful and safe journey with your papa, and lots and lots of knitting gets done to make it even happier!

    {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. That granny square looks SO PRETTY!!! One of the most beautiful one's I've seen. Fabulous work!
    Love ya,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. The picture looks so peaceful! That Granny square is is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the granny square! Great pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...