Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sunshine and 60...yeehaw! {gratituesday}

Could barely believe it when I saw this on Friday afternoon...


You'd better believe the kids and I grabbed our water bottles and put on our hiking shoes for a trek up a local logging road.


At the top in the midst of a somewhat recently replanted clearing...approx. 2000 foot elevation. Such a gorgeous view!


Back at the bottom of the logging road to where we parked our car. So thankful Daniel and AnnaLynn are still willing to pose like this for their Ma. (I've got a photo like this for each of the past six years since we've lived out here...priceless!)


Once we arrived back at home, the kids earned a little money washing cars while I weeded the herb and flower gardens. I discovered that our garlic is up and that our chives and some other herbs are showing some new growth. I don't know about you, but I'm a girl who likes to get her hands into the dirt...no gardening gloves for me.


Shorts and bare feet...


Counting my blessings one by one and praising God for His abundant provision! What are you thankful for today, my friends? Leave a comment and then join me at Laura's for Gratituesday. :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely day! So encouraging when we have 14 degrees and ice. :) Nice to see some plants coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although it is still technically winter, spring seems to be overshadowing any signs of it. Personally, I would welcome a good snow and take a 14 degree day (although not the ice -- ick) to hunker down next to fire in. Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  2. This is incredible! So glad you were able to enjoy the warm temperatures! Hiking is so much fun. How I'd love to get my hands dirty in my garden....still about 2 months away for me though (here in the Yukon). I just get so excited when I see the new growth popping up! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Incredible, indeed! This morning we woke to frost and the possibility of snow here in the foothills. What a blessing this little taste of spring was to remind us that gardening season is just not that far off!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...