Monday, March 4, 2013

Seven days in California...

Seven days.

I don't get away very often, in fact, because of our small farm and a miniscule vacation budget, we rarely take a vacation. But there's more to it than that. Like a certain Hobbit, I'm not much one for adventures and find contentment in my foothill home. So when I was invited to join my folks for a week-long trip to California -- and Dan said, "go!" -- I did. Not because I felt the need to get away. Not because I needed a break. But simply because I was invited and encouraged to go. I'm glad I did. :)

I posted about Stitches West here, so I won't spend time retelling that story, and for the record, I'm really only posting about this trip for my own remembrance; the photos below tell the story...



I'm thankful...

For seven days of sunshine! For new friends, their kind hospitality, and their well-behaved dogs. For a day spent on the sunny Sonoma coast and dinner at LaSalette. For conversation with my papa while overlooking the Pacific. For freshly picked oranges and grapefruit (if you've never enjoyed a freshly picked orange, you are missing out!). For majestic views of Mt. Shasta. For an abundance of time to knit and crochet. For the seashells and beach pebbles I brought home as a memento. For missing my loved ones. For coming home.

Counting my blessings one by one and praising God for His abundant provision! What are you thankful for today, my friends? Leave a comment and then join me at Laura's for Gratituesday. :)

~Lisa  

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful time...yes, the photos do tell their own story. I remember the Pacific Ocean...it is a site to behold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pacific certainly lives up to its name: peaceful. Will be by to see what you've been up to soon, dear Maria. :)

      Delete
  2. How wonderful this must have been! Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. How rejuvenated you must feel! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Jennifer. :)

      Delete
  3. Your trip sounds amazing - what beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing with us.
    (stopping by from Titus 2sday)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for the kind words! It really was a wonderful time I'll always remember with my folks. :) Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Lisa, for posting this great travelogue and gorgeous pictures! A very special trip was enjoyed by all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures Lisa. John and I were so happy to meet and get to know a new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some gorgeous photography! I'm headed to the Oregon coast tomorrow!! Yes, there will be knitting in my lap too. :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Debbie! I've heard the weather is supposed to be gorgeous this weekend -- hope that is true for you at the coast! Enjoy! ~Lisa :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...