Friday, March 22, 2013

Sneaky...

  • Main Entry: sneaky [snee-kee]
  • Part of Speech: adjective
  • Definition: underhanded, dishonest
  • Synonyms: contemptible, deceitful, devious, disingenuous, malicious, mean, nasty, secretive, shifty, slippery, sly, sneaking, snide, stealthy, tricky, underhand, unreliable, unscrupulous, untrustworthy, etc.
  • Antonyms: aboveboard, candid, forthright, frank, honest

We received a notice in the mail that it's time to renew the license on our pickup truck. Here's a close up; read it carefully:



Consider donating???  How kind of the DOL to add that $5 parks donation in for us -- not. I call it sneaky.

 

Yes, sneaky!

Of course they did say to "follow these easy steps." But I can only imagine how many people simply tear the page along the perforation, see $56 (or whatever their total is) in the "total" line, and write a check -- just like we almost did. I know this is a little off topic from my regular posts, but when I saw this, I was so upset. Please pardon my rant! The thing is that the DOL surely knows that many unsuspecting citizens will pay the extra $5 without even noticing -- without even being aware that they're making a donation toward state park funding. And just what does the DOL have to do with state parks and organ/tissue awareness anyway? What a clever yet underhanded and dishonest way to raise funds. Shame on you Dept. of Licensing!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

4 comments:

  1. That does seem sneaky. I imagine quite a few people overlook that and just automatically pay the larger amount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be paying more attention to mine here in FL next time they come around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit to being slightly amused over here; though if the situation was reversed, I'd definitely be frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is sneaky, too, to add a possible service fee if you pay in person! What are they paid for but to service you?

    Blessings,
    Marcia
    www.amomlookingup.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...