- Main Entry: sneaky [snee-kee]
- Part of Speech: adjective
- Definition: underhanded, dishonest
- Synonyms: contemptible, deceitful, devious, disingenuous, malicious, mean, nasty, secretive, shifty, slippery, sly, sneaking, snide, stealthy, tricky, underhand, unreliable, unscrupulous, untrustworthy, etc.
- Antonyms: aboveboard, candid, forthright, frank, honest
We received a notice in the mail that it's time to renew the license on our pickup truck. Here's a close up; read it carefully:
Consider donating??? How kind of the DOL to add that $5 parks donation in for us -- not. I call it sneaky.
Of course they did say to "follow these easy steps." But I can only imagine how many people simply tear the page along the perforation, see $56 (or whatever their total is) in the "total" line, and write a check -- just like we almost did. I know this is a little off topic from my regular posts, but when I saw this, I was so upset. Please pardon my rant! The thing is that the DOL surely knows that many unsuspecting citizens will pay the extra $5 without even noticing -- without even being aware that they're making a donation toward state park funding. And just what does the DOL have to do with state parks and organ/tissue awareness anyway? What a clever yet underhanded and dishonest way to raise funds. Shame on you Dept. of Licensing!
Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)