Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tending my yarn garden...



I'm really am trying to keep my Ravelry page up-to-date this year, and so far so good (hoping this encourages a friend or two (you know who you are!) to upload their projects, too!). With my garter lace triangle shawl finished, I was able to cross an item off my 50 before 50, a list which, by the way, sorely needs updating, I know. Anyway, it's exciting to cross even one item off! The fact that I'm on the verge of grandma-hood overshadows just about everything on that list -- yes, the baby girl will be arriving before my 50th in October. :) 

My crochet hook has been my near constant companion this week, as I'm in love with the organic cotton that is becoming a summer blanket for said grandbaby. Wish you could feel how soft and light it is -- wonderfully perfect for this project which is, by the way, my second "Stitches" project. :)  AnnaLynn and I tried to catch up on our granny squares this week, but we're still one behind; hopefully, we'll have pictures to share next week.

We finished The Scarlet Letter yesterday and had a good talk about the burden of unconfessed sin (Numbers 32:23). None of us particularly enjoyed this book, so we're glad to be done with it. We're still reading all the others pictured above and have started in on Doug Bond's Crown and Covenant historical fiction readers which tell the story of the Scottish Covenanters; the papa is reading these aloud in the evenings -- our second time through these family favorites (can it be that four years have past since our last tour through American history?).

So what's growing in your yarn garden? What books are you reading? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's, Tami's & Suzanne's :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

22 comments:

  1. Your crochet work is lovely.
    I'm 'trying' to keep my ravelry page up to date also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma! Will be by to visit your Ravelry page if you have a link on your blog. :)

      Delete
  2. The crochet is really pretty, I always love pink but that shade is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the softer shades of pink myself, and corals, too. :)

      Delete
  3. What pretty crochet! We love Karen's book. I have done an interview with her on my blog, she is truly a lovely lady. Have you seen the Girlhood Companion? Great to use as a study with girls--we are doing it once a week at teatime and love it. Stop by and join my weekly mem, if you like, Le't Get Stitched.
    Blessings,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne, for the kind words. Will have to check out the Girlhood Companion; my daughter and I were talking, just yesterday, about inviting some girls and moms to do a study with us. Will be by to join you later this afternoon; thanks for the invite! ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. Me too..Love the pink, I seem to like a lot of pinks lately :)
    Ravelry page updated and looking great! I am tracyann3369 on Ravelry if you would like to connect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will catch you over on Ravelry, Tracy; thanks for the invite. :)

      Delete
  5. What a joyous occasion awaits you my friend... :) As always, your work is just lovely. m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That crochet blanket is absolutely wonderful!! That little baby will be spoiled, I am sure! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are so blessed to have our son & daughter-in-law living with us during this sweet season of their lives; I'm afraid the baby will be just a little spoiled. :)

      Delete
  7. Awe, shucks... you got me. I really do need to get over to my Ravelry projects page and add a few FOs.

    Your pink blanket is absolutely beautiful. I wouldn't mind having an adult sized one... must add to list. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will check you out on Ravelry, Michelle. :) Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  8. Very sweet blanket. I'm trying to imagine your soft yarn.
    Enjoy your detour to fifty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a wonderful way to enter my 50s to be sure! :)

      Delete
  9. Where did you purchase your Geneva bible? I've been looking to purchase that particular translation of the bible.

    I didn't know you were going to become a grandmother soon, yeah! I hope that you'll be able to show us some photographs of your new granddaughter. Your blanket sounds like it's coming along well.

    I LOVED the book, "Beautiful Girlhood" when I read it. Right now, I'm into reading church/Christian history.


    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment. :) You asked about my New Geneva Study Bible... My dh bought it for me at an RC Sproul conference years ago; they don't publish them under that title anymore -- now it's called the Reformation Study Bible. You can find used copies in the NKJV under both titles; new copies are only published in the ESV. Used copies are HARD to find to be sure, but it is possible if you keep looking online -- don't give up!

      I'm hoping I'll be given permission to share a pic or two of the baby when she arrives...so excited! So much knitting and crochet inspiration. :)

      Blessings! ~Lisa

      Delete
  10. Exciting times ahead for you! My yarn is packed away in a box, and I am reading real estate contracts at this time... ;-)

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. real estate contracts...so excited for you!

      Delete
  11. The blanket is beautiful!

    My daughter dutifully read the Scarlet Letter, but she was not impressed. This week we gave in and focused on some more contemporary American literature. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shara. :) I worked on it almost nonstop yesterday and am almost finished -- woohoo!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...