Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tending my yarn garden...



Seems that many of my posts of late have been yarn inspired, but then I realized during a conversation with my husband today that I've been doing so much more creating than usual ever since returning home from Stitches in February. Three projects finished in the past month is a big deal for me; I usually don't "have" the time, but lately I've been making the time. Enjoying the feel of the yarn as it passes through my fingers and rejoicing in the beauty of stitches as they slowly grow into items to be used by myself (my shawl) or my soon-to-be-born (mid-June) granddaughter. Sigh. Know what I mean? Yes, you do. :)

I did finish my "snuggle up" crocheted baby blanket last week and LOVE the way it turned out. I've mentioned this to a friend or two who care about this sort of thing and will share here that this blanket is my favorite of all the projects I've ever (EVER) crocheted or knit -- truly lovely yarn and stitch patterns. Sigh (again). As soon as each and every end was woven in, I cast on my Silky Mulberry from Stitches and am working up a simple garter stitch scarf pattern that came with the yarn. The colorway is a little bright for me, but I do rather like it -- I've decided to be bold in my late 40s. :)  Hoping I can carve out some time to finish this one so I can wear it for Easter this Sunday; if not, I'll wear my recently finished shawl. Speaking of Easter, I'm not working on anything new for the kids this year as last year's poncho and vest still fit. Before I forget, the crocheted stripes in the last photo are unfinished "Off the Grid" scarves that will be gifted this spring. {Ravelry notes here}

We're still making our way through Doug Bond's Mr. Pipes series. Even if you don't have an interest in the historical hymns or the history behind them and their authors, this series will change that!

What books are you reading? What's growing in your yarn garden? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's.

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

14 comments:

  1. Everything looks lovely - good work! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I agree w/ Lydia! Your work is lovely! I am working on some change purses. I love to make bags...purses....keri-ons :) but had never actually made cute little change purses. They are working up fast and are very funt o make.
    We love everything we've read by Douglas Bond!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keri! You'll have to show me one of your little purses at the kids' next lesson. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful projects - I am in love with the yarn in the first photo! :) Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beuaitiful! It's wonderful to be able to make the time to create. I know I feel better when I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the garter stitch so unassuming and yet can showcase a lovely yarn. Your crochet is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty projects! Thanks for the tip to Mr.Pipes books. Checking the library out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope you enjoy reading the Mr. Pipes books -- they're really fantastic read alouds!

      Delete
  7. Such lovely projects! Love the yarn in the first pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures of your lovely creations. Such springy colors in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. I really love the colors in the first project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That blanket is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blanket is lovely. I'm sure your daughter in law will love receiving it as a baby gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...