Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Deconstructing a Goodwill find...
{Tending my yarn garden}

         

I mentioned last week that I wasn't sure what I'd cast on next after finishing my silky mulberry wrap, and although I did start a couple small baby shower knits that I can't share here (just in case the intended recipients are reading), the only thing I have to share this week is the deconstruction of an intensely purple sweater I picked up at my local Goodwill store. I'm thinking of making a Little House Shawl for AnnaLynn, since she's reading through the entire series this year.

A few ladies asked about the Off the Grid scarves I crocheted; the pattern is indeed a good one for a beginning crocheter. The pattern is linked here or on my Ravelry page. :)

Reading is all the same. We haven't settled on a read aloud to start once we finish Mr. Pipes which will be this afternoon. Daniel has some ideas, so I think I'll just let him pick! AnnaLynn and I are still enjoying our mother-daughter devotional time reading Beautiful Girlhood, "Mother" is always good with a cup of coffee in the afternoon, and indeed, I'm still making my way through my Bible...a little OT, a little NT, and a Psalm each day.

What books are you reading? What's growing in your yarn garden? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's.

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

18 comments:

  1. The yarn is a beautiful color Lisa...and more than worth the price ;D m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth more than the price. :) My dh questioned the time it took to do the deconstruction, but then, I mostly did that while listening to my kiddos read aloud to me. Cannot wait to start that Little House shawl for my AnnaLynn. :)

      Delete
  2. That is a gorgeous purple! I never have any luck at my local thrift shops. You're so lucky:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the BEST Goodwill about 30 minutes away; we go in about once a week. Love it! Thanks for visiting, Karen. :)

      Delete
  3. I, too, love that rich color! You are so very talented to be able to just do what you 'see' in your mind =D We are on the same wave link as to books! Sending God's love you today, sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Jacqueline, and thanks, too, for recently sharing that wonderful list of books! We are on the same wavelength, aren't we? :)

      Delete
  4. That is a good colour to make something beautiful yourself. Looking forward to... whatever you will make, it will be gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Hoping to cast on early next week. :)

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to see what your reconstruction turns into! ( and I hope you win the contest) I need to sit down and finish copying out my pattern so I can get going on my cardi. Sadly I haven't done that yet. Life seems to be full of finishing homeschooling for the year and the beginnings of the garden and just plain old life. But I am itching to get stitching again. [o= Thank you for being a good inspiration.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I forgot to mention the contest! Will do that once I get started on the project and have the details from the Clark County Fair website. :) Soo much fun! Hope you get to cast on soon, my friend. :) ~Lisa

      Delete
  6. The color is absolutely gorgeous, Lisa! Congrats on a frugal find. :)
    Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Lisa. :) Cannot wait to begin this new project!

      Delete
  7. this is going to make a gorgeous shawl!!!!! great happy shawl color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cannot wait to begin working on it and to see my girl who loves all things bright wrapped in it. :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. Such a lucky Goodwill find! And a really pretty color! That yarn will make a beautiful shawl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodwill really is a treasure trove for yarn if one is patient and willing to deconstruct a garment. :) Thanks for visiting, Mary!

      Delete
  9. Goodwill...my life saver. ;) I look forward to seeing what the shawl looks like! It looks like the perfect color for AnnaLynn. Luv you most. <3
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love the Goodwill! Love ya back. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...