Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Silky Mulberry Wrap {Tending my yarn garden}



Like I mentioned last week, I have been on roll when it comes to knitting (and crocheting)! Maybe it's that the weather hasn't been consistently nice enough to spend more time outside prepping the garden, whatever the reason, here we are again this week with more finished projects -- another shawl, which is really a wrap (officially, the pattern is called Silky Mulberry Wrap by Sweaterkits) has been added to my wardrobe. Shawl or wrap, I'm loving it and only regret not having it finished in time for Easter. Dan snapped the pictures for me yesterday when he got home from work; love that man. My dilemma now is deciding what to cast on next...

The "off the grid" scarves were easy crochet projects worked up using stash yarn for birthday presents, one for a friend of mine and one for a friend of AnnaLynn's. This is a pattern Anna could easily handle, so I think I'll have her try one of her own since this scarf is lightweight making it a perfect summer accessory.

We're still enjoying Mr. Pipes, although we only have a couple chapters left before we're finished. I'm trying to decide what to read aloud next. We're in early American history -- any suggestions?

What books are you reading? What's growing in your yarn garden? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's.

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Ravelry :)

21 comments:

  1. Your wrap and scarves are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the off the grid scarf is so lovely. I really like the way the patterns makes the colours intermingle yet stand alone at the same time. We're still dreaming of spring here but this scarf would be great when it finally comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl and scarves are lovely, the colors really bring Spring to mind too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those scarves are so beautiful! As for the book suggestions, I always loved The Red Badge of Courage, I don't know what level you are looking for, but here's a fun link with tons of books: http://www.carolhurst.com/subjects/ushistory/ushistory.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy, for the book suggestion and link. :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Did you find the pattern for the scarf online?

    I enjoyed looking at the previous Easter photos. Isn't it amazing how much our children grow and change, yet stay the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern...I think I found it online. It's linked on my Ravelry page if you're interested. :)

      And yes, the more they change, the more they stay the same. :)

      Blessings! ~Lisa

      Delete
  6. Your shawl is so lovely! And those scarves are beautiful! Such great projects! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved seeing the pictures of the kids through the years!! And the shawl is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your wrap is fantastic. i love that colorway. and what great scarves. love all of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful... I am always impressed by what you produce! I'm wondering if the off the grid scarf would be simple enough for this brand new crocheter? I'm off to check it out..

    **Hillary just entered her third trimester!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the off the grid scarf would be a perfect scarf pattern for you to try, Debbie! You'll have to let me know if you do make one. So fun to be walking the "becoming a g'ma" path with you. :)

      Delete
  10. Very pretty :) right now I am finishing yet another sweater...I can't seem to stop ;-D m.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty wrap! Great for Spring. And what lucky friends you and Anna have to get such great scarves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa, YOU AND the wrap are beautiful!! Those are luscious colors, I might add :)
    We have read the Doug bond Mr. Pipes series and loved it! Yippee!! spring is here and the bluebirds are in their houses!!! Can you tell I'm excited!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, my friend. :) Welcome spring, indeed! ~Lisa

      Delete
  13. You look so pretty in your shawl!! You could wear it for next Easter that is if you haven't knit something else up instead by that time. Have fun deciding what to knit next :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful wrap, the colour is lovely.
    Love the simplicity of the off the grid scarves. Lucky friends you have.

    ReplyDelete
  15. such beautiful spring colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful wrap, Lisa. I need to "tend my yarn garden", too....I have several unfinished projects. But alas, spring - and goatherding - is upon me! Maybe next winter. :)
    Much love,
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. The shawl turned out soooooooooooo pretty! I see what you mean by the garter stitch looks pretty and shows off the yarn. Good Job!

    And those scarves are lovely too. I am sure the recipients will love them. [o= I am getting a itch to stitch now. ((grin))

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...