Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In Threes & The Snow Child...
{tending my yarn garden}



I find myself trying to get to bed early these days so I can read a bit of The Snow Child which I am just loving. :)  AnnaLynn and I finished Beautiful Girlhood Tuesday afternoon -- such a wonderful read aloud to go through with my girl! I cannot recommend this book enough if you've got a daughter between the ages of 11 and say 14 or so.

On the needles is Kelly Herdrich's in threes which I'm knitting with an extra soft wool blend by Lion Brand. This project is just about finished which is good since the daughter-in-law's baby shower is this Saturday! Worsted weight is nice for quick projects, don't you think? I also cast on the first of Kelly Patla's Perfect-fit Newborn Socks but don't have more than a few rows completed. Such a contrast between my two projects: worsted weight and size 8 needles for the in threes and fingering weight and size 1 for the socks. I guess it's good to keep things interesting.

How about you? What books are you reading? What's growing in your yarn garden? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's.

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

16 comments:

  1. The cardigan is beautiful! I love that color:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I frequently go to bed early to just so I can read! Lovely knitting, and red is a color I love but I rarely knit with. Might have to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color of your knitting. I've made some of Kelly's socks before, I find her patterns simple and easy to follow.
    Great book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious to have started the newborn sockies :) I am not knitting at the moment... I do miss it though :( m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color of the sweater is so bright and cheery. I love it. I am glad you like the snow child. It quickly became one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa, that yarn is great and I'm going to read that book as soon as possibile, everyone suggest it!!!

    Have fun at the baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely prefer knitting with worsted weight yarn. I love how fast baby sweaters/cardigans knit up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love a fatter yarn, projects seem to fly off the needles. :)i keep seeing that book around on the yarn along... i must get a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you tell me, is The Snow Child a clean book? I love to read, but haven't done much in recent years due to so many inappropriate things in novels. I wish they had a rating system like movies do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I can tell it is; I'm only about 1/3 of the way through though, so I can't tell you for certain at this point. From the reviews I've read, it's a story about loss with a strong theme of redemption based upon an old Russian fairy tale. I'm really more of a nonfiction reader, so when I find a novel I like, it's rare. This one I like. :)

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful color of yarn! Have fun at the baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colour to knit for baby. I have the same combination of knitting currently on the needles - a jacket in worsted and a sock in fingering, though both mine are adult sized. One for my sister and one for me. Enjoy your little knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colour of your yarn. I have read so much about that book recently is it a good read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the reviews I've read, it's a story about loss with a strong theme of redemption based upon an old Russian fairy tale. I'm really more of a nonfiction reader, so when I find a novel I like, it's rare. This one I like. The story has really sucked me in; I enjoy reading of pioneer and homesteading adventures which this story is. If I hadn't read of so many other Yarn Along gals reading it, I likely would never have checked it out from my local library. Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  13. Every single thing you mention is on my "wish list" - the book, the socks, and "in threes" cardigan! My next yarn purchase will be for a couple "in threes" sweaters and that Lion Brand looks beautiful! I was also just thinking about perusing my stash to see if I have any yarns good for the perfect-fit baby socks for my newborn. Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your knitting looks wonderful! The Snow Child was such a great read. I am glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...