Monday, May 13, 2013

It's Muffin Monday :)

Good Monday morning! The heat wave we've enjoyed for the past few weeks is finally over, and the spring rains typical here in the Pacific Northwest have returned. With the warm weather and sunshine, we've accomplished lots in the garden (hope to share an update later this week) but not too much in the kitchen.

All of this to say that AnnaLynn and I don't have a new muffin to share with you this week; instead, we browsed through our collection of recipes and decided to highlight several recipes that feature strawberries and blueberries which will be coming on soon in farms and gardens near and far. Enjoy!

Click on the images to open the recipes...




Please don't be shy about leaving a comment to let us know you were here! And while you are, please feel free to visit our Muffin Monday page for more deliciously healthy muffin inspiration!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Sharing with some of our favorite places...
The Nourishing Gourmet, Tasty Traditions, Make, Bake, Create,
Sarah's Homemaking Party , Frugal Days Sustainable Ways &
day2day joys Hearth & Soul Hop
From The Farm Blog Hop Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Yum and more Yum! Strawberries and blueberries, to me are the most delicious :) m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite things -- ever -- to do is go berry picking with my kiddos. Fresh berries from the field are so delicious! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh whoa is me... I'm gluten free! Unfortunately low carb too. Not many (any) muffins for me until I can add normal back to my diet.

    I'll just have to NOT visit here on Mondays EVER! :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently watching my carbs, too...but I always take at least one (or two) bites 'cause who can post a recipe without doing a taste test? ~Lisa

      Delete
  3. The lemon muffin sounds great, I love everything with lemon.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Simona. A wonderful day to you as well. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh those all look delicious! We have muffins almost weekly, my girls love them all! Thanks for linking up at the Make Bake Create Party this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baking muffins is one way I can help keep weight on my thin son. He loves them. The Man-of-the-House does too. I remember the first thing I cooked (15 years ago) in a house we had just moved into - one we bought - yeah. I baked maple syrup walnut muffins to celebrate and break in the kitchen. The nice thing about muffins and other baked goods is that they freeze well. Therefore I don't bake weekly. Your muffins look scrumptious.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Karen. :) One really nice perk of having done this "Muffin Monday" thing for going on three years now is that my daughter has learned to bake! And she's become rather competent in the kitchen otherwise, too. Have a blessed weekend, ~Lisa

      Delete
  6. Hi Lisa!

    I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to come over and visit - I'm in Canada visiting my son. Thank you so much for including your post on My Mom's Blueberry Muffins in this roundup :) All of these muffins look and sound so delicious, and they are perfect for this time of year. It's hard to choose a favourite! I'm pinning this post to my Muffins board on Pinterest :)

    Blessings,
    April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your visit in Canada has been a good one; so nice to catch up with your son, I'm sure. :) Your mom's recipe is a good one, April, and one of my favorites, too! Now if the local strawberries and blueberries would only ripen just a little quicker...

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...