Saturday, May 18, 2013

mother's day happenings... {saturday morning latte}


Saturday morning over coffee is the perfect time to ponder, reflect, and record the week's blessings.

If you care to join me, write a post of your own and leave a link in the comments. 



~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Last weekend...

They know me so very well... red wine from my beloved, flower seeds (from around Europe!!) from Jess & Zack, vanilla body butter, herb seeds, and a charming planter from Jeff & Christina, something to read from Daniel and AnnaLynn, and a place in which to enjoy each...

...a new wicker bench for the front porch from Dan and the kids (it even has a cushion so it's super comfy). :)

How blessed am I?

Yes, the gifts and cards are all wonderful, but more so is the love that was poured out upon me last Sunday. No, I'm obviously not the world's most perfect mom, but having my children rise up and call me blessed is enough.

"Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her"

~~~~~


I am thrilled that for the first time since we moved to Dole Valley, my bearded iris was in bloom for Mother's Day! The warm weather we enjoyed in late April and early May did the trick! So gorgeous!

~~~~~

Two weekends ago...

It takes a lot of time and planning to pull off a big church event. Have you ever taken one on? My dear friend Leslie and I have done quite a few of them over the years, and I thank God for the joy and pleasure it is to work with this woman. When you know someone well, you get to know one another's strengths and can trust that they'll come through and do what they say they will. If it were up to me, Miss Square Corners/Less-is-More, all would be neat, tidy, and simplistic. Thankfully, we're called to community, so our church's Mother-Daughter Tea was not only simply done, but lovely, too. Our theme this year was "hospitality" as you might have guessed. I was too busy running the tea to take any photos of my own, but thankfully, one of my favorite photographers did! If you click on the photo below, you can see how much fun we had. :)


~~~~~

And while this cute candle wasn't a mother's day gift, it was a recent gift nonetheless from the same sweet young lady who took the tea pictures I hope you took a moment to look at. :)

Thank you, Jess! Love it!

And you, dear readers, if you've made it this far, thank you for indulging me! Wishing you all a blessed weekend,

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh boy you got spoiled. You will have to let us know how that book is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoiled, indeed! Hope all is well in your corner of the world and that the church plant you've been part of has seen much fruit. Belated mother's day wishes to you, Joanna!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a really wonderful mother's day! Thanks for sharing it with us... your iris are beautiful. They remind me of my grandmother. She always had them at her house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love it when my iris are in bloom. They're so old-fashioned and really take just about no care at all. That's my kind of flower gardening. :)

      Delete
  3. :) Mrs. Seifert, you are the sweetest thing! I am so happy that you had a fabulous Mother's day. -You deserved it. :) Luv ya,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. So blessed! A ladies tea sounds like a lovely treat :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a lovely time of fellowship! Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...