Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tending my yarn garden...
{Cabled Mitts & Little House Shawl}



{Ravelry notes}

Three months later and I finally finished writing the patten for my cabled mitts (which I wrote about about back in January). I'll be contacting test knitting volunteers later this week to see if you're still interested. Many thanks to the lovely AnnaLynn who provided free modeling services. :)

As promised last week, here's a peek at AnnaLynn in her Little House Shawl...

I cast on some super soft cotton yesterday that will be knit into baby washcloths for two upcoming baby showers (yes, more baby showers!). Other than that, I'm beginning to tackle the writing of pattern number 2 and trying to figure out which of my Stitches yarns to cast on next. So many projects, so little time...the garden has been calling of late. :)

In keeping with the busyness of these spring days, reading has been primarily focused on our history and science read alouds as well as my Bible. How about you? What books are you reading? What's growing in your yarn garden? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's.

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

23 comments:

  1. I love those cabled fingerless mitts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet words, Mary. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my the shawl is pretty and I think your mitts are the most beautiful, I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawl is so very pretty. Great looking mitts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you to say, Emma. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. The Little House shawl is adorable. I have the pattern and I think my eldest daughter would love it. Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a great pattern. The only tricky spot for me was casting on all the stitches to begin, but a friend recommended using stitch markers every 50 or so to make the counting easier.

      Delete
  5. I love the mitts! Do you think you'll publish the pattern anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. Thanks for kind words -- so encouraging! I have a good friend (who's published her own patterns) who has offered to help me with the process. So exciting!

      Delete
  6. Lisa...the shawl is just lovely - AnnaLynn, looks quite pretty with it wrapped around her shoulders :) m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mitts! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mitts are beautiful and I love the dainty cables :) The shawl is stunning and so is the model :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your mitts! And AnnaLynn is such a lovely model! Very nice, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such lovely knits on your beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely knitting I especially love your shawl...and your beautiful model! Handknit baby washcloths?! Such a thoughtful gift. I hope you'll show the finished products :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the mitts, lots around cyber space this week reminding me I need to make myself new ones before the weather turns to winter. Your model is gorgeous in her shawl. Beautiful inspiration here as always.
    Enjoy reading and being outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shawl is lovely, and I like the cables on the mitts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both of your projects! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love them, too, Lisa! Your daughter is so sweet and lovely as a model! :-)
    {{{HUGS}}} and Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love that shawl! I loved it when I first saw the beginnings of it a couple of weeks ago. It is just adorable on your girl, too!

    The mitts are wonderful - please do publish the pattern somewhere after you've done the testing. I would love to knit some up for gifts for next Christmas... xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...