Wednesday, May 29, 2013

tending my yarn garden...

Current knits...

Perfect Fit Newborn Socks for a special baby as well as an improvised beanie to match the "in threes" cardi... It's not quite finished, and I'm not sure how it will turn out...stay tuned. :)

Completed knits...

I did finish my "in threes" baby cardigan in time for the baby shower!  The buttons I picked up at JoAnn's with a 50% off coupon; they've got a tiny rhinestone in the center, but I just couldn't get a decent close up picture to show how cute they are (drat!). {Ravelry notes here}

Test crocheting for a friend...

These are the cutest crocheted slippers you'll ever see. Really. EVER! I'm honored to be helping a local young lady by both testing and helping her to put her creative stitches into language that other crocheters will understand. :)

I'm over half way through The Snow Child and am beginning to get that feeling that comes near the end of a really good story...that feeling that makes one wish the story didn't have to end. Since some of you asked last week about The Snow Child, I've not come across anything to this point that should be an offense to an adult Christian woman. The theme of redemption is strong in this story which is what I think pulls you in; without having finished the book, I'd say the characters' struggles and perseverance through the trials of life are realistically portrayed, although I'm yet to figure out Faina. This book came highly recommended by many other Yarn Along bloggers which is why I decided it was worth at least checking out, and I'm glad I did.

How about you? What books are you reading? What's growing in your yarn garden? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's.

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

22 comments:

  1. Everything looks wonderful! The baby cardigan is so lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of your granddaughter wearing the cardigan. It's lovely. I've seen "The Snow Child" mentioned several times on various blogs and might borrow it from our library system. FYI, I'm so glad our library is within walking distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure am hopeful that I'll be given permission to post a pic or two (or more) of the sweet babe once she arrives. :) Our closest library is seven miles away...

      Delete
  3. such sweet baby knits!!!! lucky lucky lucky baby!

    Love Snow Child, too. Not sure I would have chosen it if not for all the recommendations of Yarnalong! I've found some gread reads through it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In threes... I keep seeing it and loving it. Definitely the rhinestone is the finishing touch. Perfect fit newborn socks huh? I've still never made a sock. Would this be a good place to start because it's so small? Or, would it be a hard place to learn because it's so small?

    ? Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, You might want to knit up a quick pair using ww or other heavier yarn before these, but then you're an experienced knitter, so you'd likely do just fine. :) There's a link to the pattern from my ravelry page if you can't find it otherwise. Happy knitting! ~Lisa

      Delete
  5. your in threes came out wonderfully, love the color choice. i have been wanting to read that book for some time now. love to hear that it is such a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to your post last week, I picked up Snow Child at the library and am really enjoying it but haven't gotten very far, yet! I'll keep up with your yarn along posts so no spoilers, please! These perfect fit newborn socks seem pretty popular, and I am in need of buttons for a little baby cardigan too... hmmm. Thanks for sharing your post today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Promise I won't give anything away. :)

      Delete
  7. I love that red sweater and the buttons are such a cute touch! I need to look up that pattern - I have a little girl that would love it. Have a lovely week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sweater! I always think red sweaters are the coziest :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your red sweater! Great job! I found an easier way to close the perfect fit socks... I did a star toe! I hate kitchener, especially on something so small!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how lovely!!! Love the red and it is so cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. such sweet knits, i love to knit for babies :) (wish i had one to knit for now!)
    and snow child, my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cardigan, good idea to make a wee hat to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cardigan is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi - I am a new follower. Found you through Mama Gone Green! The book sounds interesting. I just finished "The Rent Collector" by Camron Wright and REALLY liked it. Like you, I don't like "objectionable surprises" in the books I read, and nothing at all objectionable in "The Rent Collector." Looking forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely red cardigan and cute little sock - the hat looks fun.
    Lucky baby. I like checking out books that others have read around the yarn along, this one sounds interesting.
    Enjoy your projects and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sweater is beautiful! Tiny rhinestons are a wonderful touch.
    I really enjoyed The Snow Child. It was one of those tales that can really pull you into it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just finished up an in-3's as well. I love that red you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you on Ravelry? I'd love to take a look. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...