Monday, June 3, 2013

Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins {Muffin Monday}



Happy Monday! This week's muffin recipe provides a delicious way to use up any over-ripe bananas you might have in your fruit basket...enjoy!

Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins
makes 12 - 18 muffins

1.5 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1 c. rolled oats
1/4 c. organic cane sugar or Rapadura
2 t. baking powder (aluminum free, please)
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. Celtic sea salt
1 t. cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. melted butter or coconut oil
1/4 c. milk (raw is best)
1 t. real vanilla extract
3 over-ripe bananas, smashed (about 1 c.)
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 400F and either line muffin tin with muffin papers or grease muffin tin with coconut oil. Measure dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together. Mix melted butter or coconut oil together with bananas in a medium bowl, stir in eggs, milk, and vanilla mixing well. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, stir just until moistened, then gently fold in blueberries; batter will be lumpy. Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full; a quick release ice cream scoop works really well for this! Bake 18 - 23 minutes in preheated oven or until lightly browned; check with a toothpick to be sure they're done. Cool for a minute or two before removing muffins from pan, and then you know what to do...slather them with lots of butter and enjoy!

Please don't be shy about leaving a comment to let us know you were here! And while you are, please feel free to visit our Muffin Monday page for more deliciously healthy muffin inspiration!

Bon appetit!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Sharing with some of our favorite places...
The Nourishing Gourmet, Sarah's Homemaking Party ,
Frugal Days Sustainable Ways &
day2day joys Hearth & Soul Hop
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, this sounds like such a delicious and healthy recipe! I am planning on doing some baking tomorrow. I have been craving some old fashioned bran muffins, the kind my mother used to make. You know the sticky, real moist kind with lots of raisins. Yum! It looks like we are going to get some big rain later this afternoon. It is so hot and humid today, but cloudy and dark, kind of like a wet blanket is hanging over the sky. I am going to work on my knitting and enjoy a cozy afternoon. Have a wonderful day ahead and thanks again for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments, it is always so nice to hear from you! With Love, Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Delisa. Always so nice to have you stop by! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, you have added all the delicious fruits that I totally enjoy - blueberries and bananas :) Like Delisa shared, I am craving some muffins myself! :) So good to 'see' you my friend. Thank you so much for stopping by and lifting me up in The Word! m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to have you visit, Maria. :) Hope your day was filled with blessings from above! ~Lisa

      Delete
  3. I'm just popping in to say hello with my eyes closed. I can't eat that... and boy does it look delicious. O.K. I peeked. :) This diet is going well and I really don't feel deprived until I see beautiful pictures of beautiful bakies!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Debbie. The truth is that while I'm not avoiding gluten, I am avoiding carbs (even though I do always enjoy at least a half a muffin when we bake...how could I not?!) So glad the diet is doing its thing for your health. :) ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. Oh yum...this would be a great breakfast! This would be great to link up to Create It Thursday...it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/06/create-it-thursday-5-plus-features.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words as well as the invite. :)

      Delete
  5. These muffins sound wonderful, Lisa! I love the idea of banana and blueberry together, and it would make the muffins so lovely and moist. Thank you for sharing them with us at the Hearth and Soul hop. Have a lovely weekend!

    Blessings, April

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! I'll have to make these for my girls. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe! Just made these today with all my brown bananas. I'm a muffin-lover, so ever since I found your blog through muffins Mondays I have been reading. Delicious and healthy...that's my kind of muffin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks for the kind and encouraging words! So glad you're enjoying our recipes! :) Lord willing, we'll be back to posting some new ones once we settle into fall. Happy baking! ~Lisa :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...