Monday, June 17, 2013

Breakfast Quiche Muffins {Muffin Monday}

Happy Monday! Hope you had a chance to wish your dad a happy father's day yesterday. We enjoyed having my dad and stepmom come visit for the weekend which is always nice. On Saturday we celebrated by grilling brats and some yummy chicken (that I'll have to share the recipe for), and we built a bonfire so we could roast marshmallows for s'mores -- a rare, nummy treat to be sure!

Toasting three generations of dads (my dad, my husband, and my son whose firstborn is due in just two days), with local craft brew and a fine something red was a tasty way to celebrate and simply caused my heart of overflow with joy! :)  When I sat down this morning to look for a picture to share, I was shocked to realize we hadn't taken a single photo all weekend. How could that happen? Argh! So upset with myself...

I suppose I should just move on to this week's muffin which is not really a muffin in the traditional sense at all. Since these quiches are baked in a muffin pan, I'm cheating and calling them muffins anyway -- enjoy!


Breakfast Quiche Muffins
inspiration here -- makes 12

1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar (or other cheese)
sea salt & black pepper to taste
1 T. minced, dried onion
4 sausage links, chopped (optional)
4 stems chive, rinsed and chopped (optional)
7 eggs
2/3 c. milk (raw is best)

Preheat oven to 350F and generously grease muffin pan using coconut oil or butter. Sprinkle cheese into the bottoms of muffin cups and add seasonings. Add meat and chives, if desired. Whisk eggs and milk together, then pour this mixture over other ingredients leaving about 1/8 of an inch head space.


Bake quiches in preheated oven for about 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly browned; check with a toothpick to be sure they're done.



Allow quiches to set for about a minute; run a knife around the edge of each before removing from the pan, then serve hot!

These go well with and can be baked at the same time as regular muffins (be sure to select a recipe that bakes at the same temperature), just rotate the pans half-way through baking time and remember that these will take about 10 minutes or so longer to bake.

Please don't be shy about leaving a comment to let us know you were here! And while you are, please feel free to visit our Muffin Monday page for more deliciously healthy muffin inspiration!

Have a great week!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Sharing with some of our favorite places...
The Nourishing Gourmet, Tasty Traditions, Make, Bake, Create,
Real Food Wednesday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, and
day2day joys Hearth & Soul Hop
From The Farm Blog Hop Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Wow! They are so cute, coming out of the muffin pan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I wonder how well they would freeze...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have four left from this morning's breakfast; I think I'll freeze one just to see... Will let you know!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you have great memories though. I do the same thing with my camera but I like to make the excuse that I'd rather take part than watch and wait for a good photo opportunity.
    The muffins look yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good excuse, Karen. :) I still just can't believe it, though!

      Delete
  4. I can have this one!! And it looks delicious... :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always forget to take pictures too! Thinking of you all at this tender time as you await the birth of your grandchild!!

    Your Breakfast Quiche Muffins really are lovely - so cute and so wholesome too. I'm pinning them to my breakfast board. Thank you for sharing them with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    Blessings, April x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I usually see this done with some sort of crust, so I like the option of having them without.

    You should stop by and link up to my summer recipe round up! http://lifelovelibrarianship.com/summer-recipe-round-up/

    ~Visiting from The Hearth and Soul Hop~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a scrumptious breakfast! I just bookmarked this and wish to make them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Extended family will be driving here from out-of-state to spend a week-end here with us soon. I would like to place these little breakfast quiche on my list of company meals. They will be easy to make ahead and quicker to heat up than a large pie, before church. I especially like the chopped fresh chives and am sorry I have none in my garden this year. I only have lots of thyme. Thyme might do.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your sweet time with family, Karen! Hope they all enjoy these tasty muffins. :) Thanks for including them in your family get-together! ~Lisa :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...