Wednesday, June 19, 2013

hitchhiker & an adopted project
{tending my yarn garden}



So much happening around here currently that reading has been kept to a minimum; I don't think I picked up Cooked  more than once, but that's ok. We did have family in town over the weekend so lots and lots of knitting took place; it's easy and socially acceptable to knit and visit -- not so with reading -- haha. :) My hitchhiker is beginning to take shape; the 8 row repeat along with the growing number of simple garter stitch rows made it easy to stay engaged in conversation (you really only have to pay close attention on rows 7 & 8 when forming the "teeth"). I am so loving my dreamy jade Tosh!!

My "adopted" project is a shale baby blanket the daughter-in-law has been working on throughout her pregnancy and had hoped to finish in time for the baby, but she admittedly prefers crochet to knitting, so this project (I offered) has become mine. Unless the baby is way overdue (she's due today!), it won't be finished, but one never knows... I asked yesterday and will ask again today, please keep Christina in your prayers as she waits for labor and the birth of her firstborn -- so exciting!

My cascades cabled mitts pattern will, Lord willing, be finished and published later today over on Ravelry (so excited!); my project notes are there, too, if you're interested. :)

How about you? What books are you reading? What's growing in your yarn garden? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's.

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

21 comments:

  1. Grandma status is growing more and more imminent. :-)

    Love the green you are using. I'm working on several projects but only seem to get bit done here and there. Not sure where all my time goes...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just where does all that time go? The older I get (50 is knocking on my door), the quicker the time seems to fly... Can't wait to join you in grandmahood, Shara!

      ~Lisa

      Delete
  2. You know that I am praying! My heart is bursting with yours... Less than two weeks for Hillary.

    Your knits are lovely as always and what a good grandma you are, taking in orphans... :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, dear Debbie! Bursting hearts are a gift from God!! Such joy...

      Delete
  3. I'll keep Christina in my thoughts:)
    Your Hitchhiker looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love that shade of green for your Hitchhiker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of Christina x I remember the way those last days were so long!

    Your hitchhiker is looking great already and I'm still drooling over your beautiful yarn. I'm looking for a shawl pattern for Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how nice that you adopted a project to finish :) Praying for your dear Christina and the new baby, such a wonderful exciting time of life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That time right around baby's arrival is so unparalleled for everyone - mom, dad, grandparents! Eagerness, anxiety, happiness, stress! I will be looking forward to hearing about her new baby!

    And I am still in love with that jade yarn and the project you chose for it is perfect in showing off it's beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hitchhiker shawl is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've wanted to make a hitchhiker for so long, but I got all in a muddle with 'paypal' when trying to buy the patter. Ended up making a wingspan instead - which I liked very much.
    Hope your little grand-baby comes soon and safely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I clicked over here from Ginny's Yarn Along. I am halfway through the same blanket, and yours is so beautiful! Mine is in gray, which I do like and chose because I don't know the gender of my baby (due in July), but I am a bit envious of your gorgeous purple version! I'm hoping mine gets done in time - I calculated that I have 24 more hours of knitting it, and it's not my only project :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! I recently finished my 2nd Hitchhiker - it's a nice change from socks as a "handbag/sociable" project, isn't it! Yours is looking GORGEOUS in that yarn :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa, I am reading the old book by Skeet Savage, Homeschooling For Eternity...just started. I would like to knit more, but it takes so much concentration that I get frustrated!!! I need to keep trying, and you are encouraging me. Such a pretty color and unusual pattern! Blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! prayers! and lovely knit! keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How kind of you to help with the knitting! Praying for your family - what a blessing babies are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was very nice of you to take over knitting the blanket! I will keep mom and baby in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful mother in law to offer to help with the knitting. :0) I will keep your daughter in law and son in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh how exciting for your family right now.
    Pretty green for your hiker and the blanket looks lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the edge of that shawl, and the colour is lovely. Best wishes to you all as you wait for the birth, how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your soon-to-be-here newbie!! The hitchhiker looks great. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...